Pᴀʀᴄᴇʟ 9

______________________________________

John B was taken to the hospital. He was okay, but had a broken wrist and a concussion. Evidently, he was more than okay since he asked everyone to meet at The Wreck.

"I'm sorry. You're staying where ?" Kie says

"Tannyhill." John B says

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." She says as she passes him

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right ? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't-"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now ?" Pope asks

"I don't know, Pope."

"What about those golf carts they drive around ? You get one of them ?" JJ says as he drinks the water Kie handed him.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own ?" Estrella jokes as she eats her fries

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie says

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ says

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah."

Estrella sighs as she leans back in her chair. She puts her feet on the bar under Pope's.

"Do you guys see her here ?" John B says looking around, "No, right. Okay. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right ?"

"It's all out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ says leaning between Pope and Estrella.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed." Estrella says looking up at him. He nods as he drinks his water.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope says

"What about the old forts ?" John B says

"Battery Jasper." Kie says

______________________________________

"We're in Battery, right here." Pope says as they all stand in the middle of the field overlooking a part of the island. "So if this is parcel nine, then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere there." Kie points

"Right."

"Over there ?" JJ points, "Guys, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision."

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time."

"So essentially we're just looking for an old stone wall." Estrella points out to Pope.