Chapter 2 - Archer

My eyes squinted as they adjusted to the blinding led lights above me. I was strapped to a chair in an empty room, the rough ropes rubbing against my wrists. The walls were completely blank, and the place looked like an unfurnished hospital room. I groaned, my head feeling fuzzy.

"Morning Laurier."

My heart beat faster. I know that voice. Fuck. But I didn't feel scared. Maybe it was whatever he drugged me with, but I didn't feel the clawing fear that had clung to me last time. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Really, Blackwell? You kidnapped me? Honestly, I think we both know by now that you can't keep me here."

He raised an eyebrow at me and grinned. "What makes you so sure of that, Lauri?"

A familiar feeling of hate seeped into my heart as I glared at him.

"Considering I still managed to wound you in an unfair fight and come out unscathed, I think I'll manage escaping this hostage situation."

He bristled. His eyes set into a cold stare. "Unfair? What makes you say that?"

He tried to place an easy smirk on his face, but it turned sour fast.

"For a fair fight to commence, both parties are to be aware of the battle itself and be properly prepared." I grinned at him, quoting our dear old professor.

His jaw clenched, and his face was twisted in anger. "Don't talk about it."

I smirked at him. "About what? About dear old mummy Blackwe-"

SMACK. The sound echoed across the room as his palm met my face. The stinging sensation spread through my features, and my eyes pricked with tears.

"Oh come on, Blackwell. If want something out of me you gotta do better than this." I riled him up, forcing a reaction.

SMACK. This time, it was a punch. Made the same sound, but hurt a lot more. My jaw throbbed, but I smiled at him. His face was blank, emotionless. He lent in toward me.

"What do you know about Lyra." I grinned, purposely leaning in closer.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

SMACK. SMACK. SMACK.

He punched me, over and over again. He paused every once in a while, to see if I had changed my mind about responding. My whole face hurt, jaw and eye and nose throbbing with pain. Tears still nestled in the bottom of my eyes, but I could never let them spill. But, while he did, I was fiddling with the rope behind me. My fingers wiggled around the knife that was concealed in my sleeve, and ground it against the rope. Little by little, it gave way.

By the time it had broken loose, my face was numb and puffy. Hate boiled in every corner of my body. Blackwell just sat in a corner, staring at me. I looked at him with tears in my eyes, rage seeping through. Then, he spoke.

"I know what you just did, idiot. I must warn you now that it's not going to help you escape, not if I'm in the room." His face was expressionless, his words emotionless. That didn't worry me though.

"Okay Blackwell." I said, flexing my wrists and standing up, my broken smile bloody. "Time for a rematch."

                                                                           ----------- ~'*'~ -----------

An update?? YAY? Anyway, I honestly didn't think I'd publish anything more today, but here we are! Also sorry for the shorter chapter, longer ones coming. Not much else to say lol... OK BYE!! 

Word count: 571

- Xxstatic_writerxX