After ordering my much needed coffee, accompanied with a slice of marble pound cake, I took a seat in front of him.

"Are you happy, Emily?"

Settling the paper cup on the table, I looked at him.

Was I happy?

I was in the last country I ever thought I'd be.

 I was terrified.

I was clueless.

I had the lousiest job ever.

My ex boyfriend showed up at my door last night.

But then...

...a cinnamon-musky smell came to mind...

...the darkest chocolate eyes stared at me...

...strong hands caressed me as if I was the most precious thing in the world...

And I just knew...

That I was.

I was happy...

I was the happiest I've ever been...

A wide smile played on my lips as I nodded, "I am."

Dad's eyes sparkled for a moment and a sincere smile spread on his lips, "I'm glad...you deserve it, honey..."

My smile faltered as I heard my father's deep voice. For a moment, I had forgotten where I was and more importantly, who I was talking to.

"I do." My voice was cold, making my father flinch.

"Look Emily, I'm really sorry about it all, I wanted to tell you-"

"You did?" I asked sarcasm dripping on every word, "In the last three years that we lived together, you never had a chance to actually tell me the reason behind my mother's absence?"

Dad hung his face in shame. He closed his eyes for a second, "you have every reason to be angry at me, Emily."

An empty laugh left my lips, "I'm not angry, Dad. Pissed would be an understatement..."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "watch that mouth, young lady. You've never spoke to me like that."

I leaned closer to him. "Well you lost my respect the minute you brought that slut to live with me." I was pissed. I was absolutely furious at the whole thing. All my anger from the moment I found Sam and Sonya together was pent up in this moment. "You brought her to live under my roof, to sleep at my mother's bed in less than six months. And I found out from my mother, which I refused to visit for three years because I was stupidly mad at her." I breathed deep, trying to control the volume of my voice. I closed my eyes and added "you knew how I felt about her and you knew how much it had hurt. Yet you never told me the truth."

I leaned back, "you don't get to ask me about respect..." My eyes were teary from the sadness and anger that I felt were constricting my chest. But most of all, I was disappointed.

My father had been a complete coward.

He knew it.

I knew it.

But I never expected it.

Not from him.

I took a deep breath and sipped my coffee. The man that was sitting in front of me, the man that once had meant the world to me, was completely speechless. His breath was ragged and I could see that he was crumbling underneath. It was not a pretty sight; it was actually a bitter one. But we both knew that I had only voiced the truth.