Not that it actually worked much...

My mind was pretty much racing at all times. For once, I was ecstatic about actually being able to go out with him on public, but on another stance, I was terrified of the paparazzi or the people's opinion...I mean, what if they didn't like me...let's be completely honest here, it's not that my brain actually worked while Scott was around. It had an annoying tendency to shut down at the most inappropriate moments. Add the fact that I would be more nervous and it could be recipe to disaster...

I stepped out of the small office taking a deep breath since I was about to burst out and send everyone to hell. Thankfully, it was lunch hour, so I decided to walk for a few blocks to get away from them and just breathe for a moment.

While I was walking, I grabbed my phone absentmindedly and texted Hugh to meet me for lunch, if he was close, but as I was sending the message, my Dad's face popped in the screen.

Groaning, I pressed the green button as I rolled my eyes, "Yes?"

"Hi, sweetie. I just finished a meeting on Covent Garden, would you like to get some lunch?"

"I'm..." I looked around since I pretty much just walked out of the building and didn't look where I was going...again...

Jeez...I really have to start paying attention at where I'm going...

"at some park" I tilted my head and a small smile played on my lips, as I remembered the first time I got 'lost' in the UK. I was about to ask someone my location, when I read a large sign on the corner of the street.

St. James's Park.

I was really close to the Buckingham Palace.

Coincidence, much?

More like stalkerish...

"There's a Starbucks on Palmer Street, would you meet me there? I know how much you love their coffee..."

I sighed, "yeah, I'll meet you there..." when I find how to get there...good thing the cellphones have a GPS now days. After walking for almost twenty minutes, I found the said coffee and my steps instinctively slowed down...

I really didn't want to do this...

Even as I slowed my pace, the length was too short and I got to the glass doors in no time. It was as if the more I slowed my pace, the lengthiest my feet took me. It was quite frustrating, to be honest.

 Sighing, I pushed the handle. At once my nostrils were attacked with the bitter aroma of coffee. I loved that strong, bitter smell. Closing my eyes for a split of a second, I enjoyed the smell as I took a deep breath and relaxed my shoulders.

Dad was already there. He was sitting on an olive sofa near the counter. He was absentmindedly turning the page to a newspaper when his eyes met mine. I couldn't help to notice the dark circles under his eyes, or the fact that his hair looked hoary. My heart hammered inside my chest as I slowly walked to him with a strong sense of sadness dwelling inside of me.

He was my father, after all...

We had always been really close. After Mom left, he was everything to me...

"Hi" I barely whispered the words as he stood up to hug me. His arms encircled me but I was stiff as a board. I just didn't feel like it...

Awkward seconds passed and he finally pushed back. I could see the pain and hurt flash on his brown eyes, but he managed to compose himself in a second.

"How are you sweetie? You look great!" A small smile played on his lips.

My eyes travelled down. I was wearing dark denim jeans and a striped colorful sweater underneath my grey coat. I was ok. Not a complete fashion disaster. I think...