0.04

It was awful, being what they were.

Bloodsucking monsters.

Jakobe felt as though he had his life ripped away from him, or what it could have been.

He had killed someone. It haunted him.

Sure he had been trained all of his life by his father to become a warrior, but this was different. It wasn't man versus man, it was man versus beast.

It felt... wrong.

But it also felt powerful.

He had also learned perks of his new nature.

Jakobe was told that human blood would keep him alive, and after their mother made them rings to not be burnt by the sun they had all went a bit crazy.

The new creature had found a man, he smelt divine. He couldn't help himself when he ate him, but he wouldn't stop screaming. It hurt his sensitive ears.

Pulling back. he slapped the guys cheek softly glaring at him.

"Stop screaming!" He yelled over his panicked noises of terror, Jakobe got irritated and grabed his jaw tightly. He can feel it break at his fingertips, the screams worsen. Staring him down he shouts at him again. "I said stop screaming!"

To his surprise he did, completely. Not a sound out of his mouth.

His eyebrows furrowed. He was still shaking, he could test his theory.

Staring at him in the eyes again.

"Stop moving." He stopped completely.

He carried on with his meal, feeling utterly guilty afterwards. But at the same time he felt so much superior to others.

There was also a new sense of power he held over his siblings.

Magic, at his fingertips. In a way he had never had before.

A power his mother had not been counting on, a slap to the face by nature for her treacherous act against it.

It set Esther off the deep end, delving into her obsessive hatred that would be seen after death.

Mikael however praised it, he felt so excited for his son. Another piece of evidence that his boy was indeed special.

Then came two reveals, one accidental followed up by a deliberate one.

Niklaus had killed someone, it activated a gene. He was a hybrid much like his older brother, but of a different sort.

Something clicked into Jakobe's head.

The day he and Niklaus had fought, how he drained power from him that day. He had summed it up to hidden magic inherited from their mother but it seemed she had secrets.

This drove Mikael mad, he had slapped her to the floor. Jakobe could see his new strength hurt her very bad, it was the first time he felt pity for his mother.

"What else of your deeds woman? Any other tales you wish to tell? Any more children that festered in your traitorous womb with another man's seed?" He snarled at her, she whimpered but he seemed to just carry on.

He grabbed Kol by the back of the neck and he froze up, dragging him to Esther.

"Perhaps Kol is another bastard child of yours, or maybe Rebekah the girl you meant as a replacement."

Just then there was a look, directed at Jakobe. One he would never forget, the way her eyes gleamed a tad.

"There is one other." She says calmly, a twist from her earlier mood. Too calm.