CHAPTER 3 : AMELIA

The pain travels through my spine as I gather my strength to get up and run away but my body fails to listen to me. He is coming for me, my blurry vision fails to register that face into my mind. The man is wearing a hoodie that covers his face and gives it a strange shadow.
I find myself helpless, trying to make my way out of the situation. The possible outcomes of this situation start filling my head and the real image of the man approaching me escapes from my thoughts. My brain has stopped working ever since I saw that door flying open and I tripped down that big ass stone. My back hurts really bad, my head is spinning like crazy after I hit another rock and I lie injured on the cemented road. After several failed attempts to escape the scene, I manage to get on my knees while my hands grip at the uneven walls of his house. I look up to find a man behind me with several bodyguards around him which were not visible minutes before. My legs suddenly start to feel weak and my body weight gets too heavy to carry, my vision starts to go blurry and a pit forms in my stomach. The emptiness of it starts to consume me and the world around me collapses.
Shit. He's too close.

                                        🥀

My eyelids flutter as I open my eyes, my head still feels dizzy and my body is in pain, it feels disoriented. The room is dark and cold, the air around me feels really thick, it even smells strange. There is no light in the room and for a second it makes me question if I'm dreaming. Is this how being in deep sleep feels, or am I in a state of coma. This feels like fucking euphoria. I inhale sharply, taking in Icey cold air.
All I know for the time being is that this bed feels so uncomfortable to lay in, leave alone being here for hours.

Wait, how long have I been here......
Tortuous fear starts to settle in as I gain track of the incidents that happened before I passed out and realise I might be in a dangerous position right now. The air gets colder with every thought of what could possibly happen to me and where I could be right now. I could be in that man's house right now.
Fuck. I'm screwed.
But why is this room so dark, I caress the mattress to search for my phone and other things I was carrying but I find nothing. I need a torch, any light source that could possibly help me get out of here.
I feel fucking trapped, not only in this place but also in my body because I can't fucking move. Every effort I have put to get out of this bed reminds me how weak I truly am.
My eyes start pooling with every thought that goes through my head and my chest starts to feel heavy. Tiny droplets trace down my cheeks but I wipe them immediately after. My shakey fists clench hard on the bedsheets for support as I make my final attempt to get up.
But this time to my surprise,I finally made it. My bare feet touch the cold tiles on the floor while I'm still seated on the bed. Another tear rolls down but I brush it aside quickly.
Never knew a simple fall was enough to snatch a person's ability to walk, my back hurts really bad too. I won't be surprised if I tore a ligament or some.
Only if I have controlled my greedy broke ass then all of this would never happen. I regret everything and apart from that, I hate Beth. Old fucker must have forgotten about me by now and here I am about to lose my shit in this crazy pit of blackness.
God if I'm able to escape this time, I'd actually never sip alcohol again
A sudden loud thud interrupts my thoughts and I hear the door open with a creaking sound.
My hands jolted from fear and my elbow hit the wooden side rail of the bed. My eyes close from the sharp pain I experience instantly. I quickly take my legs back up, my fists still tightly closed around the sheets.
I look up to notice a tall dark figure that stands on the entrance, arms folded while he tilts on the door. Even in the darkness I can feel him smirk beneath his hoodie.