Chapter Thirty One

Theo's Pov

With aggressive fury I punched the boxing bag in the gym, all that was heard was the sound of my fist hitting the bag and my loud grunts as I unload my anger onto the boxing bag.

This was the usual activity  for me , for the past months. I looked at my fist they were red and bruised. My fist burned from the hours of punching I put them through everyday. I breathed heavily leaning against the wall for support .

I wipe my sweat as I walked out of the gym and began walking home.

As I got closer to my house my heart began beating louder and harder. I stood outside trying to gather up nerves to open the door.

Unfortunately the door swung open , making the pain and fear resurface.

My dad hand grabbed me by the collar of my shirt,he threw me on the floor and closed the door.

"Where have you been?!!"ragged a fierce voice laced with venom.

His breath stank of alcohol, his eyes filled with anger and maybe hatred, I like to think he loved me.

"I..amm.sorrry"I stuttered.

"Don't you dare talk back at me, you are fucking weak just like your mother"

Before I could say anything back he grabbed me by the hair dragging me to my room.

I screamed in pain as he yelled it was my fault my mother left him.

After hours of punching, hitting and slapping me he finally let me go. I trudged my way to the bathroom, I turned on the shower sobbing silently as I washed all the blood away like I did every night.

Once upon a time, my family was what in books is usually described as perfect. I had loving parents, they were both so caring. I Used to rush back from school just to spend time with my parents but . Nothing last forever.

My dad started drinking after he lost his job, he started hurting mum . She Couldn't stand it anymore and she left.

She left me alone with him and ever since that day he started taking the anger on me instead.

I don't know what to do, don't know who I could talk to, I didn't want to burden my best friends. Blakely was having trouble fitting in with her new family, and Mia was acting a movie so she was stressed already.

Unfortunately, Mia found out. She was so mad . She begged me to come stay at her house but I refused, she said we should talked to an elder about it but I also refused. And that's how we started fighting because I refused her help and I wanted everything to be a secret.

I believed that one day , it would all end , I would have my perfect family as always but lately that hope keeps breaking.

My alarm woke me up at 6AM, not that I like waking up early but I had to just to avoid him.
I silently took a bath, dressed up in long sleeve top to cover my bruises and a black jeans trousers. I carried my bag walking to the kitchen to check for food but we had nothing. The fridge was empty, I groaned as I felt my stomach rumbled. I haven't eaten anything for two days , the last food I put in my stomach was bread the cafeteria lady at school gave me.

........

I walked into the school plastering a fake smile, everyone knows me as the happy kid . It would be weird showing up with a sad face.

I walked in and took my seat, waiting for the bell to ring signaling for classes to start. My first class is a general course for all the Art student. I watched Mia took a seat away from me. Blakely, Anahya, Trevor and Pierre took a seat at the front.