FATES INTERTWINED

Kyl landed a few hundred feet shy from the cabin, he had spent an hour flying through the sky, and when he landed he had to suck up as much as energy as he could, to not alert Kain he was there.

Kyl stepped up to the door, and knocked it. He might as well give his son the last bit of peace before he died. His smile grew though when Ryan answered the door.

If there was anything he knew about Kain now, he was willing to do everything he could for Ryan, and with That Kyl reached out quickly, grabbing Ryan by the throat, shoving him down to the ground.

Kyl went to ask where Kain was, but Ryan spoke up, "Did you take Kain!" Tears were streaming down his face, anger and grief in his eyes.

Kyl paused, "No. Where is he?"

Ryan spat into his face, "Go away. I'm not telling you."

Kyl drew Viirdez, the blade shimmering from the light as he brought it to Ryan's throat, slowly moving the blade to him. Kyl stopped the blade a finger's length away from his throat.

Kyl said, "You will tell me where Kain is, or I will kill you. I will kill you and bring you back over and over again. If you lie to me, I'll kill you again and again. Your soul will be torn out of the afterlife so many times you'll be a husk."

Kyl paused, his smile growing. He was enjoying himself, this stupid elf has been holding Kain back for years, and Kyl was finally getting the ability to let his anger out at this stupid elf.

Ryan grabbed Kyl's arm, trying to move him away, trying to squirm out from under Kyl. Ryan panicked as Kyl lifted his head up a bit, and slammed Ryan's head into the ground, dazing him.

Kyl leaned at him, "Tell me before I start killing you."

Ryan's tears kept streaming as he choked out, "Ezra. He's going to find her in the Laelan Dynasty. He's trying to get the curse back."

Kyl slammed Ryan's head into the ground, shattering the back of his head, killing the elf instantly. He swore, before bringing Ryan back to life. Ryan screamed, his fear growing, "YOU'RE SICK! YOU'RE WORSE THAN KAIN SAID!"

Kyl dropped Viirdez, grabbing Ryan by the throat, leaning into Ryan's neck as he said, "I RAISED THAT BOY! I AM HIS FUCKING GOD! I AM BETTER THAN YOU! BETTER THAN HE WOULD EVER BE!" Kyl grabbed Ryan and slammed him into the ground, and paused, letting go of Ryan and swung, hitting Ryan in the nose, breaking it.

Kyl swung again, breaking Ryan's eye socket. Kyl swung again and again, his knuckles breaking all new parts of Ryan with each punch as Kyl kept striking him. Finally, after almost ten minutes, Kyl paused, and stood up.

He ruffled his hair, trying to calm himself down, he needed to kill Kain. Kain was going to be a handful, but if Ryan wasn't going to mind his own manners, Kyl was going to kill him.

Kyl turned to look at Ryan, his face was swelling and he was dripping blood from his mouth, nose, and right eye. Kyl walked over to him, grabbing him by his shirt, and said, "This is going to be a fun run to memory lane for me." He paused, lifting Ryan and and putting him over his shoulder, "This was my favorite way to give Kain his due diligence."

With that, as Kyl continued to talk, Ryan found himself drifting away as the pain brought him to sleep's door.

When Ryan finally woke up, he was hanging upside down, and for a brief moment he screamed as he felt a knife on his leg, but quickly, he realized he wasn't getting cut by Mathew.

Instead, he was in a pit, at least his lower abdomen. He moved around, and screamed as a spike stabbed his shoulder, and as he pulled himself off of the wooden spike, only for his arm to stab into another spike. He hung there, crying.

That was when he heard, "Are you learning?" Ryan looked over to Kyl, who pointed at a crystal, connected to some wire. He said, "When the sun hits that, in about two hours, you'll be free." He chuckled, "So long as you don't stab into a spike on your way down." Kyl stood up from crouching at the front of the pit, and lept.

It took him an hour and a half to get the pit ready. He only had seven and a half hours to find and kill Kain. He had grabbed Mathew's scythe before leaving. He always had that as a backup plan if he couldn't take Kain head on.

He was worried about using it, however. A corruption from another Fate might not be able to be hidden from Oberon. His magical prowess was far behind Kyl's. Oberon would kill him over something like that.

~~~~~

Kain looked over across the sea, and felt his heart sink. He knew that the Fate curse was gone, the benefits of it.

But it was growing again.

The tumor in his head that grew in the Mederi Desert. He could feel it growing in his head. He had to get rid of the curse, either by rebirth again, or by the whole curse being removed.

But he was dangerous now.

He could feel his body becoming something else, someone else's. The shadows of his mind growing and damaging him.

Kain knew Ezra would understand, and he knew that she had the magic to help him however she could. Kain open and closed his hand on Vulneri, before ripping the blade, cutting open his palm.

He had to keep his mind focused on the pain. Not this curse.

Kain sheathed Vulneri, he looked back to the sky. He was going to get Ezra to help him, whether she did so willingly, or with half of her body missing. He was going to get the help he needed, through whatever means necessary.