#01: The Rebirth

Edit as of 5/12/24 adds: 

* Media at the top, and a disclaimer

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Literally nothing. This is a fanfic, making use of IPs that are not mine, and referencing some fanfics by other far better authors. As of now 5/12/24  I'm working on Chapter 2 and have made some decent progress. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Void.

As far as I could tell, that's where I was, surrounded by nothing. There were no sensations, no thoughts, and I couldn't remember how I got there. I couldn't remember much at all, just vague flashes of a life that I could only assume was mine, but it was patchy. I couldn't recall my name or any family I might have had. There were some fuzzy remnants, but they'd been growing more and more difficult to recall. The passage of time was impossible to track as well, so I couldn't even guess how long I'd been here.

But eventually, I felt something. A vague pressure that slowly increased. It wasn't scary and it didn't hurt. In fact, it felt a little warm and comforting. I waited as the pressure slowly increased until it was nearly all-encompassing, and then it stopped. It hung there, neither increasing nor decreasing for a few moments, and then suddenly I felt a burst of heat.

Sensations flooded into me like a switch had been flipped or a valve opened. I could suddenly see and hear and think again, though I still didn't have a body and all around me was an empty void. Except for right in front of me, where there was a woman in a skimpy pink outfit, pink hair, and a large pair of iridescent wings. She was a fairy, but not just any fairy. I recognized her as Kyu, the Love Fairy.

"Aw hell yeah, I knew I could do it," Kyu exclaimed as she pumped her fist. "You should be able to hear and see and talk and junk now."

"Uhh. Hello?" I said tentatively, unsure of my new capabilities. My voice sounded right to me, so with a bit more confidence, I decided to ask a question. "Where am I right now? How did I get here?"

"Good questions," she replied, nodding her head in what I could only assume she thought was a wise manner. "For where, that's easy. You're in the space between realities. There's usually not much out here. I mean, there aren't all that many people that can even get here. So when I saw a soul just floating around in here while I was traveling between worlds, I decided to come check it out. As for the how..." She trailed off and then shrugged. "Honestly I was going to ask you that. I don't think I've ever even heard of a soul just wandering around out here."

"I don't remember how I got here," I admitted while I processed everything. First, the multiverse was real. That was easy enough to accept, I was familiar with the idea. Second, I had somehow ended up in the space between realities. That was less easy for me to grasp, but there wasn't really much I could do about it, so I just stored it away for now. Third... "But... I do recognize you. You're Kyu, right?"

Kyu's eyes widened in surprise before she grinned excitedly.

"Oh man, you're from one of those realities where a bunch of other realities are pieces of fiction right?" How the hell did she guess that- "You guys make the best clients ever. No hand-holding needed and you get the biggest harems. Well, if you end up in one of those 'fictional' realities anyways. Otherwise, you guys can be pretty challenging."

Well... alright then. "I'm not sure about all that, but yeah I do recognize you from a dating sim game I played once."

My words brought her attention back to me. "Yeah, that makes sense," she replies with a nod. "And if you know me, you probably know a bunch of others as well." Her look turns thoughtful before she seems to come to a decision. "Alright, I'll tell you what. I'm currently between clients, and I think I can help you out, so how about you and I take a multiversal trip and find some chicks to fuck?"