INTRO

Running at the speed of light, I couldn't afford to look back. I had no idea who or what was chasing me. It was so dark I didn't know where I was going or how far I was from home. I had never gotten to this part of the woods before. It was dark, but I could hear growls a few feet behind me.

As I ran, the trees were scratching my body and forming bruises. I was weak and in pain, but I knew I had to shake off whatever was on my tail. Lost in my thoughts, I slipped and fell. A dark shadow loomed over me. I saw glowing eyes that resembled that of a demon.

He came closer than he did last time.

'Not again.'I thought as I woke up. I've had the same dream twice this week. This time I saw its eyes. Shaking off the thought, I stood up and left my room.

"Mom!" I practically yelled, looking for my mum. I had to tell her about the dream.

"Alice!" she called out to me, coming out of the kitchen. "What's wrong?" she asked.

I jumped into her arms and looked into her eyes. "Mum, I had the dream again,". She caressed my head lovingly and spoke gently into my ears, "It's okay, momma's here." Listening to her calmed me down, and I was at ease.

"Mom, I saw it...he had scary eyes...he caught me."I was out of breath. "Hey! Hey! Calm down, baby," my mom called me back to earth because I was still thinking about the dream.

*MOM'S POV*

'I need to find a solution to this...but how?' I thought. She looked at me with expectant eyes; I didn't know what to do or why she kept having strange dreams, but I needed to find out. I couldn't afford to disappoint my young daughter at all. She doesn't have to go through all this.

"Why don't you prepare for school while I fix breakfast?" I figured she would get distracted when she got to school anyway.

"O...okay, Mom," she replied shakily and went up to get dressed...