CHAPTER TWELVE

Hey, Alice." My voice came out cold, I tried to soften my voice, but it just didn't seem right.

"How are you doing?" She asked. She probably didn't know what to say.

"Am doing kinda okay." Well, I obviously wasn't okay until she called, since that witch is right in my living room.

"Kinda?" She asked not satisfied with my reply.

"Am okay Alice. It just feels annoying that I won't be able to come to school until next week." I complained.

"Ohhhh!" She exclaimed softly. "That's okay. You'll have more time to get better." That's how she is, always so considerate.

"Hmm maybe," I said not quite satisfied. "How are you doing? And how's school." He asked worriedly. Her reply didn't come as fast as it should, and that made me even worried.

"School's fine. And am good." That was the issue, she wasn't so good at lying, so I knew something was up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just said being good." She replied. I was not quite satisfied with her answer.

"I know there's something wrong. Did Victor say anything, or was it Veronica?" I asked.

"Nothing like that. I wasn't bothered." She said. I knew she was lying through her teeth, and she won't tell me because she didn't want to bother me. I'll find out myself anyways.

*NOW AUTHOR'S P.O.V.*
Since Alice refused to tell Oliver anything, they ended the call with a bit of awkwardness. Alice did not want Oliver to be worried about her. She hated it because it made her feel weaker than she already was.
While Oliver was a bit upset about it, he didn't like it when she tried to keep things from him, but he was trying to put himself in her shoes. He also didn't tell her Veronica was in his house, so they were even in a way.

Since Oliver was upstairs, he decided to go to his room to avoid any more drama. Oliver entered his dark and uninviting room, painted in a deep, somber color. His room was sparsely furnished, and he only had a few personal items. His room was giving a cold and gothic vibe. There was a desk in the corner with a computer and a pile of books. Only a single, harsh lamp provided the light in the room. His bed was basic with a plain comforter. In a corner stood a big screen TV and a comfortable chair.

Oliver jumped on his unmade bed and continued to play games on his phone, but not without thinking about Alice.

*——————————-*

**Downstairs in the Living room...**

Linda had left Veronica in the living room cause she had to make an important call. Veronica had no choice but to stare at the high ceilings, the beautiful woodwork, and intricate details in the living room. She was bored out of her mind, though she had to complete the plan. Her mom had said to win Linda's heart to get Oliver, so that was what she was going to do. She took out her phone and took a quick selfie. She posted the selfie on her IG page and tagged; '#chilling at Oliver's'. A lot of her followers knew Oliver; besides, he was the son of a very famous businessman. She noticed she got a lot of likes immediately. Some of her haters said she was lying, and some asked why she couldn't take pictures with Oliver. She got upset and was determined to prove them wrong. Many questions were asked in the comment section, but she ignored them and turned her phone off.

'Why is Oliver taking so long with his call?' Veronica thought. 'Who could he be talking to.' She wondered.

Linda finished with her call, so she came back to Veronica.

"Is Oliver not done yet?" Linda asked Veronica.

"I am not sure. It's been a while since he left. Maybe he's still on the phone." Veronica tried to sound understanding.

"He's never been on a call this long, not even with Alice." When Veronica heard that, she was angry but she tried her best to conceal it. But then a thought suddenly came to her head;

"But Alice doesn't have a phone." Veronica wondered how Alice could call Oliver.

"Oh, she uses her mom's phone to make the calls," Linda said feeling pitiful.

"Ohh, I get it now," Veronica spoke.

Linda finally realized her stubborn son won't come down again, so she decided to send Veronica to him.

"Darling, you don't mind checking up on Oliver, do you?" Linda asked Veronica.

"I don't mind Auntie. I'll go." Veronica knew she was gonna be rejected, but she decided to keep on trying, thinking that her efforts would not go to waste.

'Why would you mind? Hahhhaha! What a lost-in-love little girl. Don't worry, you two will surely be together as long as I am here' Linda thought watching Veronica go up the stairs.

Veronica went up the stairs and walked directly to Oliver's room. She had been there a few times, so it's not surprising that she knew his room. The door of Oliver's room wasn't closed, so she directly entered. She saw him on the bed concentrating on his phone. She went and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Hey, Oliver!" She called cheerfully. Oliver heard her and got angry. He didn't even realize when she came in.

"How long have you been here?" He asked not even glancing at her.

"Oh! I just came," she replied cutely, but Oliver didn't even care.

"What are you doing here?" He asked impatiently, Veronica ignored it and still answered him;

"Your Mom asked me to check on you? We thought you were making a call." She explained gently.

"Okay, you've checked on me and I am fine." Oliver was clearly trying to hint that she should leave, but once again Veronica ignored it.

"What game are you playing?" She moved to the center of the bed where Oliver was, trying to look into his phone. Instinctively, Oliver rolled away.

"Firstly, get off my bed and secondly, never climb on my bed without my permission again." Oliver's words were cold and with a hint of anger. Veronica, noticing that warning was one she couldn't ignore, immediately got off his bed and said;

"I am sorry, I just wanted to see your game, I'm sorry." She was so good at pretending, and it only kept irritating Oliver even more.

"The game is called 'Monster Hunter.' Now Veronica, can you leave my room? I would prefer to be left alone, playing my game." Oliver was frustrated, he was only trying to be respectful because of his mom, and he couldn't keep it up any longer.

"Awww But, I wanted to have a little chat with you." Veronica did not budge; she was too blind to realize that Oliver would never look her way.

"A conversation occurs between two people who are willing to talk to each other," Oliver said.

"And I am willing to talk to you. So why?" Veronica asked.

"I am not willing to even see you in my room any longer, let alone talk to you, so just leave!" That was quite hurtful to Veronica.

"Ouch! That was rude." Her tone changed a little.

"If you don't want to be disrespected, then leave. Cause I don't think you are ever gonna get respect from me." Oliver said indifferently.

Veronica was quiet for a bit, and then she left the room.

"Ahh finally!" Oliver exclaimed happily and rolled back to the middle of his bed, happily playing his game.