Chapter 38: The Mad King

~Dylan POV~

"So that's what happened", said Ezekiel as he explained what happened at the Department of Purgatory.

"So the war is postponed for  7 years while we rebuild and repopulate?", asked Jasper.

"It would seem so", we need a solid plan for the northern, western, and eastern continents", said Ezekiel. 

"I'll come up with a plan", said Jasper.

He then appeared out of nowhere, it was like a strong wind, blowing disaster, and sadness.

"Asher!", said Ezekiel.

"You son of a bitch!", yelled Asher as he stood face to face to Ezekiel.

"What's going on?", I ask. 

"When I took over Finn's body and brought you back Ezekiel, I did it for a good reason, I switched your magic core with Osirus' magic core but I didn't think he would hide in his own core, the fucker is still alive, and he's in Ezekiel!", said Asher. 

"Wait, what the fuck did you do?", said Ezekiel. 

"I switched your core with Osirus' core when I defeated him, that way when I take over Finn's body, I can touch you and gain the necromancy power", said Asher as he sighed.

~Summon: Aion~ yelled Ezekiel but Aion didn't come.

"I don't have my summoning magic", said Ezekiel.

....

"Clever, but I outsmarted you", said Osirus as he appeared in spirit form as everyone went on guard. 

"No need to be so defensive, I can't touch you guys for 7 years because of the treaty but after that 7 years, this man's body will be mine", said Osirus disappeared.

"Damn it, we have to find a way to get Osirus out of your body", said Asher.

"It's your fault he's in my body in the first place", said Ezekiel as he sighed.

"We'll figure that out when the time comes but for now, how are you here, what happened to Finn?", asked Jasper.

"Oh after that whole ordeal, he fainted", said Asher sighing. 

"He really has been through a lot", said Rebecca as she entered the room.

"Right now he's far too weak, both mentally and physically", said Asher.

"What do you propose we do? Seeing as you're the reason we're in this whole mess", said Ezekiel.

"oh excuse me for trying to save mankind asshole", said Asher as the continued bickering.

"What's this plan of yours? I assume you came here with one", I ask. 

"That I did, we need to reform the hierarchy, we need three kings and one queen residing on the continents, as Gaia said we need to rebuild the world, the position of King of the south is too distracting for Finn as he is now, I need him training, that's one of the reasons I brought you back Ezekiel, you are to resume your position as King immediately", said Asher. 

"And if I refuse?", said Ezekiel.

"Then there will be no humanity", said Asher.

"He's right Ezekiel", said Jasper as Ezekiel pouted.

"The second thing, this boy, he will be the King of the North", said Asher as he looked at me.

"Me? What?", I say in shock. 

"Judging by your reaction, you don't know of your lineage", said Asher. 

"My lineage?", I say in shock.

"I felt it when you kissed Finn, I was able to sense it, your ancestor was my lover and someone you know very well, the mad king himself, Carter Manheim, you are Dylan Manheim, the true heir to the northern throne", said Asher as my eyes widen in shock. 

"The mad king huh?", I ask as I gulp.

"Callie is in one of the greatest clans in existence, the Febris clan, the Febris clan was originally from the eastern continent, Terra Faminarum, the island will only accept her as their queen, this is a personal request from the island guardian Sharon, and the last remaining continent is a bit tricky", said Asher. 

"What do you mean?", asked Jasper.

"When I'm in the astral form I'm able to travel at the speed of light, when I entered the eastern continent, there was a giant water barrier there, that could only mean one thing, there's life there, human survivors may be living there, the blast 300 years ago should have killed all life, it's an anomaly and I'd like you to investigate", explained Asher.

"Survivors of the blast huh", said Jasper.

"Will do", said Ezekiel.

"As for you, I need to speak to you privately come with me", he said to me as he wore a serious expression. 

We entered the dining room of Ezekiel's palace as he continued studying me.

"You are the spitting image of Carter, it's like fate is torturing me, my one true love is here in front of me right now and I can't even touch him or hold him", said Asher with a sad look on his face.

"I look like the mad king?", I say annoyed.

"Before he went mad, he was the most gentle and caring person in the world, as I saw in Finn's memories, you are the same, which is why asking you to do this will be hard", said Asher as he gulped hard.

"What do you want me to do?", I ask.

"When the time comes and the war is over, you have to kill Finn", he said with a sad look.

"Kill Finn? Why I would never!", I say enraged. 

"That's why asking you to do this is so hard, you are the only one who loves him deep enough to do this, when the time comes you'll have to", said Asher.

"I don't understand, when the war is over, you're telling me I have to kill the man I sacrificed my life to save, there's no possible way I could do that", I say with tears in my eyes. 

"Only you can Dylan, when you go to the northern continent, everything will be explained to you, he will show you his memories, and only then will you understand", explained Asher as a tear fell from his eyes.

"His memories?", I ask.

"When you go to the north, Carter Manheim will be waiting for you", said Asher as a chill went down my spine. 

And so I left without a goodbye and ...... my journey began.

......

To be continued in Chapter 39