𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐌𝐞

You stirred in your sleep, the faint glow of moonlight filtering through the window and casting a soft silver sheen over the room. As you slowly became aware of your surroundings, you realized that you were nestled against Ghost, your head resting on his chest, his steady heartbeat a comforting rhythm beneath you. Gently, you shifted, feeling the warmth of his body seep into your bones. Ghost stirred slightly, his arms tightening around you instinctively, pulling you closer. His breath was soft against your skin, a whispered lullaby in the stillness of the night.

You shifted slightly, your gaze lingering on Ghost's closed eyes. In the dim light, you noticed that his eye black had rubbed off, revealing more of his features through the eyeholes of his mask. His eyelashes brushed against his cheeks, casting delicate shadows in the moonlight. As you traced the contours of his face with your eyes, you felt a surge of curiosity welling up within you. What did he look like underneath the mask? It was a question that had lingered at the back of your mind for as long as you had known him, a mystery waiting to be unveiled.

You reached out tentatively, your fingers hovering just above the edge of his mask. You hesitated, unsure whether you should cross that boundary, whether you were ready to see the face hidden beneath the mask. But then you withdrew your hand, realizing that some mysteries were best left unsolved, some secrets best kept. Ghost had entrusted you with his heart, with his vulnerabilities, and in return, you vowed to respect his privacy, to honor the boundaries he had set.

The dim light in the cramped bathroom cast eerie shadows on the walls, adding to the sense of unease that lingered in the air. As you stared at your reflection in the smudged mirror, you couldn't help but notice the disarray of your appearance. Strands of hair stuck out rebelliously from your hastily tied ponytail, and streaks of dirt and grime marred your skin. With a sigh, you reached up to release your hair from its confining hold, running your fingers through the tangled strands. The sensation was oddly soothing, the gentle tug of your fingers easing some of the tension that had built up over the course of the day.

Turning on the faucet, you cupped your hands under the stream of water, feeling the cool liquid cascade over your fingers and onto your face. It was a welcome relief, washing away the sweat and grime of the day, if only for a moment. Closing your eyes, you let the water soak into your skin, enjoying the brief respite from the chaos that surrounded you. But as you opened your eyes and glanced back at the mirror, a sudden sense of dread washed over you. Reflected in the glass was the silhouette of a tall, dark figure standing behind you, its presence looming ominously in the dimly lit room. Your heart leaped into your throat, and you nearly let out a scream before you recognized the familiar outline.

"Ghost," you breathed, relief flooding through you as you turned to face him. His imposing figure seemed to fill the small space, his masked visage unreadable in the dim light. For a moment, you were struck by the intensity of his presence, the weight of his gaze almost palpable. "I didn't mean to startle you," Ghost said, his voice low and soothing. "Just wanted to make sure you were alright." You nodded, your heart still racing as you leaned against the sink, the cool porcelain providing some much-needed support.

You shook your head, dismissing his apology with a wave of your hand. "It's okay," you said, mustering up a small smile. "I guess I'm just a little on edge tonight." Ghost reached out, his gloved hand hovering in the air before coming to rest on your face. His touch was gentle, reassuring, and you found yourself leaning into it, seeking solace in his presence. The warmth of his touch seeped into your skin, chasing away the remnants of fear and uncertainty that lingered within you. For a moment, you closed your eyes, allowing yourself to revel in the comfort of his embrace. Ghost's hand moved with a feather-light touch, tracing the curve of your cheekbone with a tenderness that took your breath away before he put his hand down.