Volume 2 Chapter 23 - Victory

Start from the beginning

Sudo: "Y-yes, exactly..."

Chabashira-sensei: "I'm glad to hear that. Sudo, it looks like Horikita hasn't given up on you yet."

Horikita: "No, that's not true, I hate him. I just won't let him do whatever he wants."

Sudo: "W-what?!" Well, anyway, I have to go. I have club activities... See you later, Horikita!"

This time he did not react to the provocation...

He quickly left the office with a happy face.

Horikita: "Can I leave too, Chabashira-sensei?"

Chabashira-sensei: "Stay for a while. I want to talk to you about something. But you two will have to leave."

She turned to my older brother and Tachibana-san.

They did it humbly.

Chabashira-sensei: "What methods did you use, Horikita?"

Horikita: "What do you mean?"

Chabashira-sensei: "Don't try to evade the answer. They will not withdraw their application just like that."

Horikita: "I'll leave the answer up to you."

This secret will remain with me until the end.

A lie was able to defeat another lie...

Chabashira-sensei: "So it's a secret, right? Then let me change my question. Who came up with the strategy you used to defeat Class "C"?"

Horikita: "Why do you care so much?"

It started to rain outside.

Chabashira-sensei: "I thought Ayanokouji would be involved in this matter, but for some reason he wasn't here... Didn't I tell you about him?"

Horikita: "I don't want to admit... there is something amazing about Ayanokouji-kun... but this time, Otomura-kun took the initiative to participate..."

Chabashira-sensei: "Hmm... By the way... what do you think about Otomura?"

Horikita: "He's just an ordinary student you see everywhere... at the beginning of the year he didn't stand out at all. Terrible grades and physical fitness. But gradually I began to see improvements in him. I believe that he is the most promising student in our class... but still... there is something unusual about him..."

Chabashira-sensei: "Unusual?"

Horikita: "I can't say for sure yet."

Chabashira-sensei: "...interesting. When he arrived here, his grades were terrible, below the average threshold. But it was in this school that he began to improve. Do you have a theory?"

Horikita: "Don't everyone want to be better? Some people put in less or more effort..."

Chabashira-sensei: "That's how you see it, okay... Pay attention to Otomura, but also don't forget Ayanokouji. Try to find out as much as you can about both of them before it's too late."

Horikita: "I'll try"

Chabashira-sensei: "But still, in my personal opinion, the most "defective" student in the class is Ayanokouji."

Horikita: "Huh?"

Chabashira-sensei: "The most active "element" is more difficult to control. If you handle it incorrectly, the class could be completely destroyed."

Horikita: "Chabashira-sensei, do you really think he's that "defective"?"

Chabashira-sensei: "Just get to know him better. Understand what and how he thinks. You will definitely see something in him."