Volume 2 Chapter 22 - Crime and Punishment

"A person needs the dirt that is hidden inside him - without it he cannot achieve perfection." - Paulo Coelho

POV: Otomura Yujiro

Sakura: "Sorry, Otomura-kun..."

Otomura: "Sakura-san, you can stop apologizing. You didn't do anything wrong."

Sakura: "It's just... I haven't cried in front of someone in so long. Honestly, it calmed me down."

Otomura: "That's good..."

Sakura: "Um... do you... cry sometimes?"

Otomura: "Hmm, thinking about it now... I might cry at a sad moment in a movie or at some tragedy happening in the world..."

Sakura: "Wow, to be honest, y-you don't seem like that kind of person..."

Otomura: "Don't judge people by their appearance."

Sakura: "I... will remember this..."

It seems that after our conversations she began to calm down and stopped crying.

Sakura: "Otomura-kun, thank you for today. I am so glad".

Otomura: "I'm always happy to help..."

Sakura: "Um, well... I don't think so, but... Actually... I... right now..."

"Yahoo! You're late, huh?"

Suddenly her words were interrupted by a voice.

It was Ichinose-san and Kanzaki.

Otomura: "Sorry, give me a minute. What did you want to say, Sakura-san?"

Sakura: "Nothing important. I just... wanted to say that I'll try. I will be brave..!"

Otomura: "...be careful along the way..."

She left this place very quickly.

I doubt she heard my words...

Ichinose: "Sorry, did we come at the wrong time?"

Otomura: "I think so. Do you need something?"

Kanzaki: "We're wondering what happened during the hearing."

I told them the chronology of events.

Ichinose: "I see. So you refused to compromise? Will Horikita-san be able to fight for Sudou to the last?"

Otomura: "I doubt Horikita-san would do something like that without some kind of plan."

Kanzaki: "He beat up other students. They gave you a discount thanks to a witness. You should have accepted their terms."

Ichinose: "Because of this, he may be excluded from the main roster and sent to the reserves."

They are too worried about our class...

Otomura: "I understand everything. But you should have seen her look when she firmly stood her ground..."

Kanzaki: "I doubt that only her glance can be taken into account..."

Ichinose: "Okay... Hmm... I don't think we'll be able to find new information, but I'll see what the Internet tells us."

Otomura: "Will you also stay with us until the end?"

Doesn't she have wings hidden behind her back?

Ichinose: "We've gone too far. Besides, as we have already said, we do not know how to forgive liars..."