Volume 2 Chapter 23 - Victory

"Great purity seems like a shame. Infinite perfection seems incomplete. Unshakable perfection seems indulgent. Real sincerity appears to be pretense." -  Lao-Tzu

POV: Horikita Suzune

All three Class "C" students came to withdraw their application.

Ichinose, together with Otomura, nevertheless succeeded.

I decided to bet on it and I was right.

But for me now it is not so important.

Horikita: "Sudo-kun, you are no longer in danger of expulsion. The school does not consider you "problematic" and you will also be able to participate in club activities. Is that right, teacher?

Chabashira-sensei: "Yes. The same goes for the students of class "C". Youthful enthusiasm is a good quality, but next time, based on this experience, try not to get into such situations, okay?"

Sudo-kun expressed his dissatisfaction as he realized that this also applied to him.

But he remained calm, at least he understands it...

Sakagami-sensei left with his students.

Now they won't be able to do anything else even if they wanted to.

Chabashira-sensei: "I'm glad everything was resolved, Sudo."

Sudo: "Oh, y-yes!"

Chabashira-sensei: "But I still think you should be punished. The reason why this incident happened is because of your behavior. It doesn't matter who lies and who tells the truth. The main thing is don't let this happen again, you know? "

Sudo: "Yes..."

Chabashira-sensei: "However, admitting your own mistakes is not so "cool." Even if you admit that your character is to blame, you are still being cruel. So far so good, but if you continue to act like this, you won't be able to make real friends. And even Horikita will leave you one day."

Sudo: "Th-that's..."

But I don't consider him my friend.

Chabashira-sensei: "You need to have the strength not only to admit guilt, but also to correct your mistakes."

For the first time I see our sensei showing himself to be a real teacher.

And Sudo-kun humbly listened to her.

Sudo: "Yes, I understand... If I hadn't acted like this from the beginning, I wouldn't have hit those guys. Somewhere deep down I knew I shouldn't have done this. I've always done this that I wanted. But... I am now a student of Class "D", and my actions can affect the entire class. Now I understand it... I will try not to create any more problems, sensei, Horikita."

I began to see another side of Sudou, albeit a little...

This is his first sincere apology.

But a person cannot change quickly...

Chabashira-sensei: "You shouldn't make such "loud" promises so casually. You'll probably cause trouble again soon."

Sudo: "Tch..."

Chabashira-sensei: "What do you think, Horikita? Do you think Sudou will be a model student?"

Horikita: "No, I don't think so. But... he definitely made some progress today. He admitted his mistake. I am sure that over time he will "grow" even more."