The Undercover Turnabout, Part 12 (Cotoli)

"So, now that you know, we should go to the agency to talk to Cotoli. He could explain a few things to you," Venus said.

"Yeah. I still have a few questions for him about this whole deal," Lucas agreed.

"Then let's go on over there," Venus suggested. Lucas nodded. He began to walk for the door, but Venus put her hand on his shoulder to stop him. "Wait."

"What is it?" Lucas asked.

Venus removed Lily's Magatama from her neck and handed it to Lucas. "Keep this until I'm about to leave Lily's body."

"Why?" Lucas questioned, taking the Magatama.

"...You'll see why soon enough," Venus answered solemnly.

//March 17, 2027. Morix Law Offices, 2:47 PM//

"Cotoli!" Venus called as she entered the office.

I had been curled into a ball in the corner of the back room. I had shut all the windows and locked the door, not in the mood to talk with anybody. I looked up from my spot on the floor. I stood and walked to the door of the room and unlocked it.

"What's wrong?" I asked. I looked at Lucas and then to Lily. "Oh! Venus!"

"I told him. I assume your sister told you about my plan a month ago," Venus told me.

I looked to the ground silently. "...She told me after Cassidy had left her body. And what exactly did you tell him?"

"I told him about who she was, as well as why you hired him," Venus replied.

I turned to Lucas. "A-are you mad?"

Lucas shook his head. "No. I would do the same if Lucy or Ryan were in that kind of trouble."

I smiled slightly. "Thanks. For not being mad, I mean."

"You're welcome. But I still have a few questions about why you two did all of this," Lucas said.

I looked at the ground. It was more interesting than any living thing at this point, as I didn't want to explain the whole situation. "What are your questions?" I asked, hoping that the Locks didn't appear. Venus knew about them, but Lucas didn't need to.

But then I noticed that Lucas was clutching Lily's Magatama on its chain. I frowned. Venus, Chrysalis is already worried enough about me! I don't need Lucas concerned as well!

"I want to know why is it that you guys did all of this. And how," Lucas answered.

I was silent for a moment, pondering what to say. I didn't even know why Chrysalis started this whole project. "I have no idea why Chrysalis did all of this. She has Psyche-Locks about the topic, and I've been trying for years. She just won't crack."

"How did you do all of it?" Lucas questioned.

"We had accomplices in every branch of law. Spirit mediums, defense attorneys, judges, prosecutors, even Interpol. All of them were involved. This was so that people could figure out who the Under Cover Assassin was. Our accomplices covered for her when she couldn't be present. But eventually, the UCA found out about our project to take them down. They began searching for the Oracle, almost succeeding. They've been trying to kill her for a year now. And now...and now...." I stopped. Tears were forming in my eyes. I tried to swallow them, but they fell from my eyes anyways.

"Cotoli...." Venus whispered. She wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "It'll be alright. I promise."

"But what if it's not?! I'm supposed to protect her! How am I supposed to help her when she's being held hostage by a trio of maniacs in another country halfway across the country?!" I exclaimed, tears flowing freely.

"Mr. Morix, Venus and I don't think that the UCA will actually kill her," Lucas told me.

I looked up to meet his eyes. "W-what do you mean?"

"If they kill her, then their advantage over the court is gone. What we need to do is trick the UCA into confessing while Interpol does their thing," Lucas explained.

"But they don't know where she is...." I said, fear taking over my mind.

"They know. Chrysalis and I had a little...chat in the spirit world, and she told me where she was," Venus told me. "Interpol is working on it as we speak. Remember that phone call I made at your house, Lucas? I was telling Agent Lang where Chrysalis was being held so that they can rescue her and the truth will come out."

I smiled. "You're the best, Venus." I checked the clock. It was past three already. "Well, I'll leave you two to your investigation."

Lucas nodded. "Thank you for talking to us."

"You're welcome. See you later," I said, walking towards the back room. I shut and locked the door behind me. Even if what Venus said was true, I was still worried.

And it was plain as day with what was still present from a year ago.

The scars.

//March 17, 2027. Morix Law Offices, 3:08 PM//

"You know why I gave you Lily's Magatama now," Venus said.

"Yeah. I saw them. The Black Psyche-Locks...." Lucas answered. "Why were they there?"

"Cotoli was afraid after the case a year ago. After UC-1, he thought that the UCA really would kill Chrysalis one day. I guess that you could call them battle scars," Venus explained.

Lucas stared at the ground, thinking about the UC-1 case. But a voice interrupted him. "What happened?"

Lucas gasped, looking up. "Lily! What happened to Venus?"

"She just left! What if another medium is channeling her?" Lily asked.

"Seems possible enough," Lucas said.

//March 16, 2027. Spirit World, 3:23 PM//

"You called?"

"Did you tell Interpol? I'm getting scared...."

"They're on it right now. And I talked with your brother."

"How is he!?"

"He still has Black Psyche-Locks."

"What about Lucas?"

"I told him everything."

"Good. Thank you."

"Just keep holding on."

"I will. Let's just hope nothing disastrous happens before tomorrow's trial is over...."

-------------------

Sorry for not posting on this story for a few days. I got writer's block.

But I'm back now!

There should be a new chapter everyday until the twelfth, which will be the day the last chapter is posted. After that, busy schedule returns.

Well, I'm out!

-Digital