The Undercover Turnabout, Part 7 (Lynne)

I made my way up to the witness stand. It wasn't the most pleasant thing ever. I liked attention, just like the next girl, but the kind where an entire court of judgmental adults is not what I had in mind. I'd prefer to have done something amazing than just being on a train where a poisoning case just happened to occur.

"Name and occupation, witness," Prosecutor Bullgard instructed.

I nodded. "Lynne Fey. I'm an assistant medium at the Kurain Channeling School," I answered.

"'Assistant?'" Lucas asked.

"I'm not part of the Fey clan by blood. My parents died when I was little, and I was taken in by the Fey clan. Since I'm not an actual medium, I merely assist the real mediums when it is needed," I explained.

"If the defense is done pestering the witness," Prosecutor Bullgard frowned. "We have a trial to get over with."

"What should I testify about?" I questioned.

"The argument you heard the victim have with the other passengers," Elina replied.

"Very well," I nodded.

WITNESS TESTIMONY: LYNNE FEY- THE ARGUMENT

-I was riding the train with my friend, Averl.

-We were going to Los Angeles for the weekend.

-I left to get a quick snack, and that's when I heard it.

-The victim was fighting with three people.

-Two of them were men, the final a woman. They had brown, black, and red hair respectively, if that does any good.

"That is all," I finished.

"Defense, your cross-examination, if you would," the judge said.

"This is it, Lucas. This is where the roller coaster really begins," Lily told Lucas. She sounded different. Maybe she was summoning a spirit...? Now that I think about it, doesn't Mystic Pearl summon a spirit that sounds like that sometimes? Wasn't her name Venus? We'll go with that since I can't think of any other name that would make sense....

"You mean...the Oracle and UCA?" Lucas asked.

Venus answered with silence. "...Yes. They are involved in this case heavily. You'll see what I mean soon enough."

"Are you two done?" Prosecutor Bullgard questioned, playing with her red fabric.

"Yes. Sorry," Lucas apologized.

"Don't waste the court's time with apologies. Just start the cross-examination," Prosecutor Bullgard commanded.

CROSS-EXAMINATION: LYNNE FEY- THE ARGUMENT

-I was riding the train with my friend, Averl.

-We were going to Los Angeles for the weekend.

-I left to get a quick snack, and that's when I heard it.

-The victim was fighting with three people.

"HOLD IT!"

Lucas slammed his hands on the table. "What were they fighting about?"

"It went a little bit like this," I said.

"You're planning on killing them?!"

"Yes. We know who it is."

"I'm going to warn the Oracle before then!"

"Good luck with that."

"You're the ones she's chasing! And I can't let you get away before she catches you!"