Chapter 22: Confession

"What do you mean a bit longer?" I asked. "I thought it was strictly business."

"I know," Lee said. "Tell you what? How about we go somewhere?"

"Somewhere where?" I asked.

"You will see," Lee said.

He called Ace to tell him to bring another car.

I laughed. 

"I'm feeling really anxious right now," I said. "What about Dad and Liam?"

"They will understand," Lee said.

We got downstairs and ran to the door, hand in hand. People were clapping for us as we passed. We got outside, jumped into the car, with Ace driving, and got inside.

"Phew!" Lee and I said.

"You guys sound exhausted," Ace said.

"I'm not used to being the center of attention," I said.

"You will eventually get used to it," Lee said.

Ace took us to a park where there were a few people in it. He handed me a pair of clothes.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"We are changing our clothing. We can't enter into a park with our dressing," Lee said.

"There is no place to change!" I exclaimed.

"You still haven't learned about Lee huh?" Ace asked.

He drove a bit further away from the park and into a hidden, secluded area. I saw a mansion similar to the one we stayed in.

I paused to think.

"Hold up. Don't tell me..." I said.

"THAT LEE ROMANO OWNS THE PARK AS WELL?!"

"Why is that hard to accept Li?" Lee asked.

I looked away. He always said cheesy lines that got the better of me internally but treated me as something else at home. I wanted to believe him, but could I?

"You own too many things," I said.

"Let's change," Lee said, getting out of the car and walking into the mansion.

I opened the car door and came out. I walked barefoot because the heels were killing my feet. I couldn't walk further with them. Lee saw me walking towards him. He looked at my hands, then my feet.

"Not used to wearing heels for long I see," Lee said, pointing at the heels I was carrying.

"They are worn for special occasions according to me," I said.

"Okay," Lee said, calling someone to carry our clothing into the dressing room.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What you think I'm doing," he replied, walking over to me and carrying me in bridal style.

"Come on Lee! It's not like I'm in pain!" I protested. "Put me down now!"

"Sorry, can't do it," Lee said.

"Why are you stubborn," I muttered to myself.

"I should be asking you that question," Lee replied.

I only laughed a little. We approached the house, but I couldn't help but stare at him from time to time.

"You will hurt your eyes by doing that you know," Lee said.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Staring at me," Lee said. "I know I'm handsome but don't break your neck for me."