Chap 35 : Eat Our Dust

The sound of birds chirping and the ray of light seeping through my bedroom window makes it harder for me to keep sleeping.

I toss and turn in bed, stretch and groan, yawn and roll before sitting up and scratching my arm. I stare into space for a while before lazily getting up and heading to the bathroom.

I look into the mirror and it's to no surprise how bloodshot my eyes are. I look like a disaster. My hair's all over the place, I have sleep marks on my cheeks and my eyes look like King Julian when he had the pink eye.

I turn on the faucet with a sigh escaping my lips. I put my hands below it and let the water fill it. I stare at it longingly letting the water overflow and rush out of my hands before splashing it on my face repeatedly.

I take my time, as usual, picking up my toothbrush and paste from the top of the sink. I brush my teeth and when I'm done I head back into the room.

I walk downstairs to the kitchen. My mum already there with an apron tied around her waist. She turns from the burner, noticing me.

"Hey Abby", she says then focuses on what she's cooking.

"Hi mum", I say nibbling at some grapes that were on the kitchen table.

She turns off the burner and fully turns to me. I take a seat on the kitchen stool.

She analyzes me, "How are you?".

"Bad", I answer truthfully. I felt horrible and I wish I could just disappear because I think I'm at that point where I feel nothing but fatigue.

She sighs, "Well that's why I made you your favorite", she chirps happily and I sigh so her happy expression dies down a bit.

"What is it?", she asks.

"Why? Why would you cook that?", I ask raising my voice and she has a look of confusion written all over her face.

"I'm sorry", I sigh face palming, "I just..", I trail with a small shrug, "They all make me fat", I say with a strain in my voice. 

My mum sighs with sad eyes. She's done so much for me. I don't blame her for any of this. It's all my fault. I'm the reason I'm this way.

"I'm sorry Abby.. how bout I go get you something lighter", she suggests taking off her apron but I shake my head.

"No, it's fine.. I'll.. I'll just go take a shower and head out", I say and she looks like she's about to disagree but she lets me be with a nod.

I walk upstairs, get into my room, take a shower then get dressed. I usually don't wear pants cause I'm more of a dress person but today I could care less about what I wear.

With a big hoodie I got from Noah and denim pants, I put my hair in a messy bun. I glance at the mirror, a sigh escape my lips at the sight of my reflection. I pause when I notice something then draw closer to the mirror.

I gasp loudly so I slap my hand around my mouth. I look closer to see if I'm mistaking but no I'm not, there's a little red mark on my neck.

No way! Noah left a hickey on me. I run away from the mirror to my drawer. I search for my journal and when I find it, I search for a pen.

I flip open the pages and although it wasn't in my bucket list I put it down then tick it. I clutch it close to my chest.. there's literally no way.

I daydream for a while but then sigh when reality dawns on me. It may have happened but I doubt it meant something.. to him though, cause it meant the world to me. I go back to the mirror slowly, putting my hair down. I huff picking up a brush.