29. Mysteries Revealed

Mulai dari awal

"Yuvaan-" Aarav began as he opened the door, his attention fixed on his phone. Aarushi stood up and walked to his side. I could sense what was coming next. She deserved to know the truth, but perhaps now wasn't the right time to confront.

"You knew it, didn't you?" Aarushi asked, standing straight in front of him, her voice filled with accusation.

"What happened now? I'm not getting what you're talking about. We'll talk later, Aaru. I'm busy right now," Aarav responded, brushing off her question with a dismissive tone.

"I'm talking about Ajeet Shekhawat. He is our father, isn't he?" she pressed, pointing directly at him.

"What rubbish are you talking? I told you, we will talk later," Aarav repeated, his tone growing more impatient.

"That's all you people ever said: 'we'll talk later,'" Aarushi shot back, frustration evident in her voice.

"It was for your own good," Aarav insisted.

"Didn't I deserve to know the truth?" Aarushi demanded, her eyes welling up with tears.

"And what do you think you know is the truth?" Aarav retorted sharply. "Stop this rubbish. I don't have time to talk about any Ajeet Shekhawat." His tone was dismissive, shutting down the conversation before it could go any further.

But I could see that Aarushi was not ready to let it go. "At least tell me the whole truth, Aarav! Or are you scared to tell me because you're hiding something?"

"See, I'm not in a really good mood, Aarushi, so you better keep this discussion for later. God knows what crap he fed into your brain," Aarav snapped, his frustration evident in his tone.

Saying this he turned on his heel talking to someone and Aarushi sighed sitting back. I knew this was a bad idea, but she was right as well.

Saying this, he turned on his heel and began talking to someone else, leaving Aarushi sighing in frustration as she sat back. I knew this was a bad idea, but she was right as well.

"Can't he just tell me at once?" Aarushi muttered in frustration as she walked towards the window to look out at what was happening.

Suddenly, I realized Rudransh wasn't with us. Oh god! He might be alone, or it would be good if he were sleeping.

I stood up, walking out to give Aarushi some space. I could understand how it feels to learn about your family like this.

Due to my bad habit of eavesdropping, I couldn't help but hear the conversation the ladies were having.

"The police have sealed the factory. Someone told them about the drugs being there," one of them said.

"So, are they going to interrogate us now?" the other asked.

"Hmm... chances are," came the reply.

Hurriedly, I withdrew my attention and walked towards Uncle's room where Ansh would be. They were talking about drugs. Do my family really used to sell drugs?

No, this can't be possible.

I mentally slapped myself for thinking like this about my family.

Could it be Shekhawat? They sold drugs, I know. And he even called Aarushi. It might be one of his petty acts.

"Ansh?" I opened the door silently slipping inside, keeping all my thoughts in a corner.

He turned his head from a corner, placing a finger over his lips. "Sssh.."

"Ansh?" I opened the door silently, slipping inside and keeping all my thoughts in a corner.

He turned his head from the corner, placing a finger over his lips. "Sssh..."