Chapter 25: A Sense Of Belonging

The Music Bank studio buzzed with activity as the rest of BTS prepared for their comeback, the air thick with anticipation and excitement. Amidst the chaos, the boys took a moment to catch their breath and talk about random topics.

"So, how will you tell Dai-chan about the guardianship?" Hobi's voice cut through the chatter, his expression mixing curiosity and concern.

Jin let out a heavy sigh, his shoulders sagging under the weight of uncertainty. "I honestly don't know," he admitted, his voice tinged with nervousness. "I'm nervous about how he's going to react."

"Don't worry, Hyung," Taehyung chimed in, his optimism unwavering. "Dai-chan is smart! If you tell him why you're doing it, he'll understand," he offered hopefully.

Jungkook's brow furrowed with curiosity as he leaned forward, his gaze fixed on Jin. "So, are you going to be like his dad?" he asked, his tone laced with curiosity.

Jin's eyes widened in surprise at the suggestion, shaking his head adamantly. "What? No!" he exclaimed. "Nothing changes between us, okay? I will still be Jin-hyung, but with this guardianship, I get to be there for him if he ever gets hurt or into trouble."

Jimin nodded in understanding, his expression thoughtful. "How did his parents feel about it?" he inquired, his curiosity piqued.

"Bang-Hyung and I talked to them a couple of days ago," Jin explained, a hint of relief coloring his tone. "They sounded relieved when I told them and thanked me."

Namjoon furrowed his brow in concern. "That's good. At least you have his parents' support," he mused. Then, after a moment's pause, he broached a more delicate topic. "But what about your parents?"

Jin tensed at the mention of his own family, his jaw clenching involuntarily. "I'm an adult, and I've already made my decision. If they can't accept it, they'll just have to deal with it," he replied, his voice tinged with resolve.

"Jin-Hyung, you're so cool!" Jungkook exclaimed, admiration shining in his eyes.

Jin's phone rang, breaking the momentary lull in the conversation.

"It's Yoongi," Jin announced, his eyebrows furrowing in concern. "Hey, Yoongi, is everything okay with Dai-chan?" he asked, his voice tinged with apprehension.

"Uh, yeah, I think I messed up," Yoongi's voice crackled through the phone.

Jin's eyes widened in alarm. "What did you do?" he demanded, a knot of worry forming in his stomach.

Yoongi's voice sounded slightly sheepish over the phone. "I may have mentioned the guardianship to Daisuke," he confessed, his tone apologetic.

Jin's heart sank at Yoongi's admission, a mixture of frustration and concern bubbling. "You what?" he exclaimed, his voice rising with incredulity. "Yoongi, I was going to tell him!"

There was a brief pause on the other end of the line before Yoongi responded, his voice contrite. "I know, I know. I didn't mean to. We were taking a walk, and stuff was said, and it just slipped out," he explained. "But uh, the kid pretty pissed. He ran away once I told him."

Jin pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to suppress the rising tide of anxiety that threatened to overwhelm him. "Great," he muttered under his breath. Thanks for letting me know, Yoongi," he said, ending the call.

Namjoon leaned in, his expression one of concern. "Is everything alright, Hyung?" he asked, sensing the tension in the air.

Jin sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "Yoongi told Dai-chan about the guardianship," he admitted.