The Shining Beacon

✧✧✧"But as you can guess he wasn't too pleased about me going to Beacon

✧✧✧"But as you can guess he wasn't too pleased about me going to Beacon...'Look at you, do you really think you're built for this?' It's like a dream to me, I still can't believe he would say things like that to me....✧"✧✧

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

-on the airship-

Y/n walked up to one of the less crowded windows to see out, after all this was her first time in an air craft. There were a few other students who were doing the same thing, she tried standing up on her tippy toes to see out but that didn't help her much. She gently tapped on one of the girl's shoulders.

"Hi! I'm sorry, is it okay if I can squeeze through to have a peak?" She kindly asked.

"Yeah sure that's fi-" The female student didn't finish her sentence as she turned around to see the female Faunus behind her.

"Out of all the Faunus, Beacon accepts a water type..." The girl muttered to herself as she sneered down at the teen.

Y/n stood there awkwardly as she smiled, her tail slumped to the floor. The female student bumps Y/n to the side as she walks away, not wanting to be near this kind of Faunus. Some of the other students followed suit leaving, whispering to themselves as they stole glances at her.

"If there's any drownings this year it's going to be pretty easy to say who did it." One of the girls giggled as she whispered to another student.

"What do you expect, those kinds can't control themselves."

"Why can't those creatures stay in the water where they belong."

Y/n's eyes lowered to the floor, gripping onto her blue scale necklace and took a deep breath. But she still had a soft smile on her face though it wasn't as pronounced as before. She eventually walked up to the window to see out, she wasn't going to let a few 'grumpy' students' words get to her, especially not today. Maybe they were having a bad day, she thought to herself, trying to think positive about the situation.

Besides, a certain teen in red was trying to sneak up behind her which made her smile even brighter....Ruby couldn't keep his little giggles to himself when he tried sneaking up on her, he never could. Her eyes narrowed as the tip of her tail flicked with anticipation. She waited patiently for him to come closer and just as he was about to reach out and grab her- she turned around and grabbed his hand, Ruby let out a high pitched 'eek'.

Y/n giggled at the look on his face as she released his hand. "You got to be quieter than that Ruby." She laughed as her tail flicked back and forth as she pranced in place.