Kouen- anonymous sweet heart

The first prince sat in the meeting hall of the (l/n) family- for once in his life: bored out of his mind. The only reason the red haired prince was bored was because someone was missing from it. Normally if someone was absent from a meeting of such importance, he wouldn't even notice.

But this time he actually took notice of the smiling girl's absence.

  The person he's thinking of at the moment was none other than the third princess of [ Kingdom Name] and dungeon capturer (Name) (Last name). Even though he has been inside of this country for 1 month, he had grown rather attached to the young girl. Her company was remarkably pleasant, with the cheery atmosphere in such a dreary place like a meeting hall.

    " Well, that's most of what I wished to discuss as of now. If you'd like, we could take a break." (Father's Name) spoke, catching onto the gaze Kouen had focused on the empty seat. This had successfully snapped the slightly younger male out of his trance, causing him to look into (e/c) eyes.

  " If you insist, your highness." Was all he spoke as he stood up from his chair, and bowed to the king before making his way over to the door. After he had exited and closed the door behind him, Kouen could of swore that the king had muttered:

  " Good luck, Kouen."

______

  The red haired prince had made it to his room, he had looked out of the window to stare at the now orange sky.

' It was 8 in the morning when I went into that meeting, and now it's probably 5..' He inwardly sighed as he took a seat at his desk. On top of the desk was a book he had been reading the previous night, a red ribbon holding the place he stopped at. He was about to turn to said page, but stopped halfway when something on the desk caught his eye. Something that wasn't there earlier.

  The 29 year old inspected the small heart shaped (2f/c) box left on his desk, tied up by a (f/c) ribbon. On the desk where the box used to be lied a small card. He had picked up the card and turned it over, hoping it would tell him who entered his room while he was gone. To his surprise, there was a small message on the card.

   " To Kouen- hope you like the sweets I've prepared special. With love: ( First initial) (Middle Initial) (Last initial)." He read aloud as he stared blankly at the card in hand. His red eyes switched over to the box in his other hand. The next move he made went against his instincts but:

 Without giving it another thought, Kouen slowly pulled on an end of the ribbon, untying the bow from the box. As he let it fall to the desk, he slowly removed the (2f/c) lid to reveal....

"........." He stared at what awaited in the box. The box was filled to the brim with Macaroons- all of which were colorful. Some were left in the form of circles, some in the shapes of hearts, some shaped like stars of all kinds- but lastly; most were in the shapes of bunnies. What stood out about these ones were the fact that they were decorated with different emotions- each varying in a different color.

  " It wouldn't be safe to eat these without knowing who made them..." The red haired prince contemplated his actions, not knowing whether to throw them out or try them. The person who made it had put a large amount of care into making these, but it didn't clear the fact that it might be a trap.

    " This might just cost me my life but," As the male lowered his hand to grab a mint green- bunny shaped one- " I have a feeling I know who to blame if I do." He slowly lifted the cookie to his mouth, a bit of hesitation as he bit down. He had began to chew it, the taste of mint invading his senses.  Not much to his surprise, it was sweet. But it wasn't too sweet, just enough for it to be enjoyable.

   He was set on grabbing the cute orange one when-

  " En-san! I'm respecting your privacy by knocking ,but asserting my authority as a younger brother by coming in anyway~!"     The voice of his younger pink haired brother busting the door in had made him stop in his tracks.   ( If you know where this was from- You're awesome)

    Kouha's pink irises landed on his brother- who had an eyebrow raised- then traveled down to the box he was still holding, but finally landed on the orange treat he was about to eat. His shocked expression changed to that of confusion, then lastly to one of understanding.

  " Was there something you needed??"

" I just wanted to know if you knew who made those." Kouha answered, taking a step into the room. Kouen, to his brother's surprise, had shaken his head no.

 " Now that you mention it, I don't fully have the knowledge on who made these." Kouen responded, taking a step closer to throw them away. Kouha, who had caught onto his brother's action, had stepped in front of the garbage can.

  " Well I know! The person who made those would be pissed if you just wasted her work!" he had managed to grab the box out from his elder brother's hands and held it away form the red haired male. " Then mind telling me who she is?"

___ Time skip because why not__

  Kouen had stood infront of the door, not knowing whether to knock or not. His brother said that the person who prepared the sweets was in this room but....

    All hesitation washed away as his hand moved to the door knob. He had opened the door to find none other than a sleepy (Name)  on the other side.

" I guess..... I really didn't need to ask you after all.." He stared at your sleeping form, setting the half empty closed box on your night stand. Attached to the box was the same note, but something was written on the other side. He had taken a look at your sleeping form.

   Over your (f/c) dress was a (3f/c) apron with a heart over the chest area. On her head, a matching scarf laid untied. There were a few stains on her apron, but one ( coincidental) heart shaped stain on her cheek.

With one swift motion, Kouen had leaned down to kiss her cheek, successfully removing the vanilla stain.

A/N: .... Writer's block. It might just be a bit before I post again- but don't worry! I still have all of your request in tact, so I won't forget or ignore them!