Judal- the perfect gift

" You screwed up big time, didn't you?" Kouha sighed, leaning on the wall while he stared at the raven haired magi. Judal laid on the ground, face first with a large bump on the back of his head forming quickly. Anyone who was nearby just a few minutes ago could agree with Kouha: Judal screwed up. Hard.

  "Y-Yeah, you could say that.." Judal moved his head from the pillow. Raising his hand to the back of his head, he began to rub the bump hoping it would go down- even by just a little.

   " But it was mostly her fault jumping to conclusions! I wasn't trying to insult her magic skills!" Judal defended himself from Kouha's piercing stare. The dead panned prince could only shake his head.

   " But even though you weren't trying, you did? That's a new kind of low, even for you."

   " What's that supposed to mean?!"

   " Wouldn't it hurt if someone you looked up to decided to insult a very important talent you had and laugh at your reaction???"  

    " ....Wait, looked up to?" Judal was confused at Kouha's words. As far as he knew, you tried to avoid him as humanly possible. But looking up to him? Impossible!

"Yes, idiot. The only reason she avoids you is because she's nervous. Haven't you noticed that she shy's away when your nearby?"

" Now that you mention it..." Judal trailed off, remembering that if you were nearby, you would either shy away or run off somewhere. But what caught him off guard was that it seemed to only happen to him.

   " finally realized it? Now genius, how are you gonna fix this?"

        "E-eh?"

    " Make it up to her, genius. If you really care about  her: make it up to her."

Care? Who ever said he cared about one magician? She wasn't even from the Kou empire, so why would he need to care how she feels?

  " Humph! I don't see a reason to care, let alone apologize." He turned away from the blank Stare of Kouha, not wanting to feel any type of guilt. After only a few moments of awkward silence, Kouha smirked and opened the window that had a view of the courtyard.

   "KOUGYOKU! JUDAL NEEDS HELP WITH A GIRL!" No sooner said, or shouted for the matter, the only sound heard in the hallway were rushing footsteps. The door flew off of it's hinges, to reveal a very excited Kougyoku in the halls. In her hands were a flower crown, her previous task before hearing the news.

   " Did I hear right?! Judal needs help with a girl?!"

    " I DO NO-"  "Yes. He screwed up big time on this one." Kouha interrupted Judal who tried to deny it. This caused the red haired princess to squeal with delight.

   " No time to wait! Time is of the essence!" "What-? Where are you dragging me?!"