Squad Jam and Poison

Link Start: Danger In Virtual Worlds

Chapter 27: Squad Jam and Poison

Date: Infinityverse Days 849-900

The 77th Floor contains the Volcano Of Purgatory field, a town in which a mad scientist dwells, and some more areas from GGO. But we'll get to that more later on. For now, let us timeskip to the day we fought against the 76th Floor Boss who was not in fact where it was supposed to be. Instead, it was smack dab in the middle of a rocky area that clearly still has bullet holes from when GGO was still its own separate game before it was merged to become part of this damn death game. We were going to reveal all of the comrades who had been recently revived after being dead for a long time but because the boss battle was outdoors, we couldn't exactly do that in a way that we planned to. Actually, we ended up just saving the reveal for Squad Jam because we thought it would be better that way. That and no one has really seen or heard much of anything from XaXa or anyone else linked to Death Gun now. We even checked in the 'underworld'. But still, the 76th Floor Boss was really really hard. We almost just revealed our hidden comrades by calling on them to help us in the battle but we chose to delay it for now because hiding them is such a good strategy and besides, the chaos of the battle allows some of them to attack the enemy from some hidden vantage points using really fast guns. That allowed them to get away with being involved without being spotted. Thanks to that, it was soon apparent that we were just itching to get them all to help us stop XaXa. On Day 858, we reached the 77th Floor. I speak: "Woah, this place looks incredibly dangerous.." Leuer speaks: "Indeed it does. On this floor, our brave heroes took it upon themselves to get their hands on an ingredient required to craft a most dangerous poison. It was all in order to prevent anyone else from getting it so that that could cause a poisonous massacre that would have ended in a very cruel and vile way sure to devastate the hearts of hundreds if not thousands."

Typhon criticizes him: "No one likes your tales, Leuer. Stop making things sound that way with your speaking. You're wasting time." Mater sighs: "Don't mind Leuer. He's always annoying like this." Stilla nods: "In fact, he's often been much more annoying like the one time he.. Nevermind. Let's save that for later." Orochimaru chuckles: "Did you say, a poison?" Tsunade yells: "Absolutely no one let Orochimaru get his hands on that poison! Or.. XaXa for that matter.." Yamato pulls the "I'm watching you" gesture and look on Orochimaru. To be honest, a lot of us still do not fully trust him. And I don't blame them. Kakashi sighs: "Okay so who is going to get that poison and how can it be obtained?" Argo shrugs: "Ya know, I have no clue. Everything's new territory to me at this point other than the Ruby Palace, GGO, and the Underworld." Typhon speaks before Leuer can as he's clearly annoyed with the self proclaimed trabajor or however you spell it: "You have to talk to the Mad Scientist NPC and fulfill the request for him. It requires one Pure Heart which you can win by participating in a contest between small teams to shoot down monoliths and score the most points for shooting down. In our Aincrad, the contest was only held once I believe so only one Pure Heart can be obtained as far as we're aware." Heathcliff sighs: "I do not remember programming such a contest into Aincrad. But maybe that's because it's been at least 6 years by now at this point since the first day of SAO after the beta test ended.." Sasori also expresses interest in the poison: "Tell us more about this poison. It would pair well with my puppets if I still had them with me in this game."

Koharu speaks up with a concerned look on her face: "Well.. It has a massive AoE and is really powerful. It can kill a lot of players or even a Floor Boss. Kirito, Sinon, and my world's Swiftdrawer agreed on keeping it around and to ourselves in case we needed it.. I don't want to talk about what happened with it after we were done with the quest.. But there is something all of you should know. The mad scientist tricked us and didn't just create the poison, thus causing his masterpiece as he called it to be complete at last. He saved some of the Pure Heart as he had some left after making the poison. With it, he revived a event boss monster that was a friend of his and we had to defeat it and save a brave player who tried to beat it all by themselves.. Much of this floor is covered in a poisonous mist and you need a special kind of potion to withstand it but.. it's not that simple to just get. When the event boss appeared, the poison spread out further, the safe zone of the nearest town was disabled and the monsters came into town, terrorizing many players in the process." Eva exclaims: "Damn it! How the hell are we supposed to juggle all of that AND XaXa?! We know that XaXa is going to go for that poison!" Kaito smirks: "Then we will just have to prevent him from winning that Pure Heart." Anna laughs: "I bet I could take down a lot of those monoliths!" Sinon perks: "I could shoot some down easily with my skills." Pegasus J Crawford laughs: "My oh my! Sounds like we got ourselves some competition going on!" I sigh: "This isn't going to end well. Can we just all agree that whoever gets the poison is to not use it for anything unless we get into a situation in which it is thrown at a Floor Boss AFTER all clearers get out of its range?"