She contemplated her next actions for a moment. She wasn't desperate to consumate her marriage, in fact she did not mind easing into it with Cregan, but she did not feel welcome at his court, at his gatherings so long the gods didn't recognize their marriage. So she flinched as she undid the lacing of her gown. The cold air hitting her chest while eased the fabric from her shoulders. Her hands slightly shook as her gaze fixed on the wooden screen. A fire roared in the hearth, but it did nothing to warm her and she prayed that perhaps Cregan would.

She shook her head, cursing under her breath as she slid the nightgown back on her shoulders, the lacing still undone as she took confident steps towards her husband.

"Laena."

She watched him swallow, his throat bobbing. His skin was slightly red from the cold water, but still she could see his shoulders and chest clearly.

"Cregan." Whispered Valaena back as she undid the last pieces of lacing on her nightgown. One tug and the cotton would fall from her body. "Allow me to bathe with you?"

Cregan clenched his jaw, his body growing warm as he envisioned it. He wanted to shake his head, to grant her more time to get used to him, to be happy- but his body defeat him as he nodded, croaking out a hoarse "yes."

He wanted to curse as the nightshift slid from Valaena's shoulders. The cold air doing all sorts of things to her curves that he wished he had done. The fabric clung at her hips and for a moment he considering leaping forward and pulling it down her legs himself, but he held himself together as he watched her tug it down. Her appearance made him all the more grateful to have her as his wife. He thanked the gods, trying not to fall to his knees.

She kept her eyes on him as she stepped inside the tub, making it all more torturous to him as eased into the cold water without flinching. Her silver hair pooled around her as she slid in, before sticking on her wet breasts and shoulders as she sat up slightly. Her eyes curious as she gripped the edge of the tub to steady herself.

"Seven hells"

Cursed Cregan softly as he clenched his jaw. Shuddering at how close Valaena sat from him.

Valaena had a mind to pull her knees to her chest and appear small, all the confidence had left her body the moment she had entered the cold water, but at the moment that Cregan had uttered a curse and bit his lip, she couldn't help herself but sink to her knees and crawl over to him.

His hands took to her hips right away, and she winched as she felt his hard body against her. She remained quiet as her fingertips met his shoulders. Clinging to him for warmth.

"I am so cold." Confessed Valaena with pink cheeks. Sucking in another heavy breath. As she felt his fingers moving up and down her hips.

"I want to make you happy Laena." Cregan's voice was hoarse, as if he was fighting himself to not move his hips and slide right inside of her, making love to her and hoping to have her bear his sons, he could feel himself throbbing, her breast pushed against his chest and he groaned as she slightly shifted in his lap.

Despite it all he wanted to give her time. To make her feel at home.

"Then make me yours Cregan." Valaena had bent down slightly, her lips tracing the shell of his ear, and he wanted so desperately to ask her if she was sure, but she shifted again, and if only one singly thrust with his hips, then he would be burried inside of her and he knew there was no going back when she stared at him with her violet eyes, curiousity and passion inside them. She wanted this. He wanted this. He would be a fool to deny her.

He let go of her waist, trying to keep himself steady as he raised up his hand to trace her jaw. "Laena-"

"Please."