Prologue

Cesca's Outfit Above 

Summer, 2004 (Unknown Location) 

The end of the Second Wizarding War and the death of Voldemort was meant to bring peace and joy to the two worlds of magic and non-magic. In many ways it did, but others it did not. The end of the war and the death of the man who threatened everything that both magic and non-magic individuals hold dear, overall brought devastation and pain. The time of which took to finish both left countless individuals who had fallen as a result of the destruction that was left behind, along with their loved ones. Cesca Swan was one of those who had fallen throughout the Second Wizarding War but unlike the majority she had been given a second chance at living. But not in the way one would expect. She was transformed into something, into some being that was very rare but nevertheless was very much real and possible. 

The newborn sat on the porch steps of the cabin she had spent the last year and five months trying with every ounce of strength to gain something along the lines of control over what she had been turned into. With every three steps she took regarding gaining control of her vampirism, it seemed that that she took five steps back. Every attempt to gain control faltered any hope within Cesca to ever imagine taking back her life (well undead life). Maxwell Graves, or Maxie as Cesca affectionately called him; her creator, had given her every hope that her control over her vampirism would get better to the point that she could start anew in this new chapter of her life (undead life). But no matter the steps she took back unlike herself, Max had not given her any ounce of doubt her control would not get better. 

"You're up early" Max's gravelly voiced remarked, from somewhere behind the newborn, watching her with concern, noting that from what he'd gathered from before her vampirism, that Cesca was not an early bird. Apparently, most of her first lessons at the beginning of the day whilst she attended Hogwarts missed at the very least, the first 45 minutes. But it wouldn't have surprised the 82 year old Hybrid if her sleep habits had changed in manner in which the rest of her had after he turned her, remembering himself had similar experiences during the period in which occurred after he woke up after being turned. 

Cesca couldn't say anything to that apart from hum. It had been the same one-sided conversation starter that happened between creator and newborn since she moved in with him, following him turning her into a vampire. She didn't know what else to say, and to be fair neither could he. After everything the Hybrids had gone through, it didn't surprise either of them, getting use to what happened was a process that they just like the rest of the Wizarding World and those No-Maj's in the know needed. 

It probably didn't help in respect of Cesca's actions, in addition to the War in general plus her vampirism. But then again, it was just something to add to the pile of things she had to learn to live with. 

"An owl arrived earlier" Cesca spoke after a while of silence. Max lifted his eyes curiously at her "It's from the Ministry" she quietly murmured. Max stilled in realisation, Cesca peered over her shoulder at him and met his eyes knowingly. They both knew the time had come for her, and soon so would the Aurors. 

"We knew it was coming" Max remarked, with a nod. 

"Still, it means that they have decided I'm in control enough to give me my trial date" Cesca replied, the guilt she felt from her actions crawling up her eyes but there was also acceptance. Nothing could ever make her want to change what she did, even if it meant she'd spend the rest of her prolonged existence of eternity in Azkaban or executed depending on her punishment, they felt she deserved. 

"How long have we got?" Max asked, wondering how long they had to help her prepare. 

"The Aurors will be here by the end of the week to take me back, and gather any evidence and complete the investigations" Cesca sighed. 

All the two Hybrids could do now was prepare, and wait until the Aurors arrived.