DIVE BACK INTO THE PAST?

30 years ago

Rupalpur

She was running. The rain was soaking her from head to toe but she didn't stop, she knew that he was waiting for her at the temple. Mohini never imagined that she'd have the nerve to defy Master Rudranath and run away from gurukul, but she'll do anything for him.. She'd burn the world down for Ranapratap. Ranapratap was the only person who made her feel like a human being, not a gifted, not a witch, not a strong weapon but a human being. She knew that she would get expelled from the gurukul because of this but she simply did not care. Mohini's legs were now covered in mud, she stopped for a second when she noticed the village's Bhairavnath temple, the oldest Shiv temple in Rupalpur..Rana has selected this temple for their wedding, Lord Shiva made Mohini a gifted he shall be the one to witness the happiest day in her life. Mohini knocked on the temple door and the old priest opened the door, she quickly entered the temple and her eyes fell on the love of her life..The Zamindar of Rupalpur, Ranapratap. Rana's eyes brightened and a smile covered his face when he saw her, he came closer to her and caressed her face "My love, you came." Rana spoke with love dripping from his voice, Mohini touched his hand "How can I not , Rana? Tonight, we'll finally be together." The priest said "You should take your seats now." Mohini and Ranapratap went towards the priest, he lit up the 'homkunda' in front of him and passed the vermillion. Ranapratap pinched a bit of vermillion and filled Mohini's head with the color of their love and promises.

A few weeks later

Rupalpur's Railway station

"We didn't really needed to meet my parents Mohini." Ranapratap said as they both came out of the train, Mohini and Ranapratap had went to the neighboring village to meet his parents, his parents had wished to meet his new wife. Mohini smiled "They are my in laws now Rana, you can't expect me to not with them." Mohini hesitated for a second and then asked "Do they know..what..I am?" Ranapratap turned towards Mohini, he noticed her face filled with caution. Ranapratap held her shoulder "Mohini, I have told them that I love you and that is enough. They don't need to know what you are but If you ask me to tell them about you I will." Mohini smiled at him, and embraced him tightly. She knew that she has finally found her home, her peace...Mohini's eyes wandered around the station to land on a tall silhouette standing outside the station staring at them, his eyes set on them. A loud explosion was heard, Mohini and Ranapratap were thrown away from each other! Mohini fell on the floor with a loud crash, She flinched in pain as her leg was badly bruised due to falling down. She gripped the floor and slowly raised her head only to meet with a terrifying sight! the whole station was on fire, people were running everywhere, the roof top was falling off, trains were ablaze.."Rana.." Mohini muttered, she couldn't find her husband anywhere. A cold shiver went down her spine as a unknown fear started to make it's way through her mind, Mohini got up from the floor and started limping around calling for her husband "RANA! RANAPRATAP..PLEASE ANSWER ME IF YOU'RE ALRIGHT! RANA." A low muffled groan caught Mohini's attention, she looked around to find the source of the sound. When she noticed a big chunk of the roof fallen over someone she heard the groan again and immediately recognized the voice, it was her husband! Mohini limped towards the chunk and used a spell on it, the chunk started to slowly levitate and suddenly turned into dust, Mohini kneeled down and cradled her now bloody and bruised , unconscious husband's head on her lap, tears falling on his face from her eyes.

Two Weeks after the accident

Roychowdhury mansion

Mohini threw her spell book towards the wall! it crashed and fell down on the floor. Mohini huffed in rage, two weeks has passed. Two weeks has passed since the accident and her husband was now completely paralyzed, the chunk which fell on him did major harm to his nervous system and legs. Since then, Mohini has tried every kind of cure, even her own magic to cure him back..but nothing seemed to work. Mohini stared at her bed ridden husband, his eyes wide open staring at the ceiling and his lips agape..like all the life from his body has been sucked out. A tear ran down her eyes and she quickly wiped it, No! now's not the time to cry. She needs to get help, she knows that even if her magic couldn't help Rana someone's magic would! Mohini didn't waste any more time, she grabbed a shawl from her closet and went out of the mansion. The walk to the gurukul was hard, specially because there was no source of light in the forest path..Mohini carefully followed the gurukul's trail and soon enough she reached the huge entrance of the Gurukul. Mohini tried to go inside but when she stepped foot on the ground of the gurukul, a transparent magical barrier appeared and pushed her back out! Mohini stared at the entrance completely dumbfounded. "You can't come in here anymore." The deep voice of Master Rudranath was heard, Mohini stared at him she pleaded "Please. Please, I beg you..I know you're not unknown to my situation so I beg you on my knees..please save my husband's life." Master Rudranath's stern eyes looked straight at Mohini "You betrayed your own Gurukul by marrying a human. And not only you, you have influenced two of my best students to break the rules too. So, Mohini.." Rudranath came closer to the barrier "You won't receive any kind of help from our Gurukul anymore..."