05|| leaving for real

.

—- all while this was going on, Luffy was still exclaiming how he was drowning, Merona looks over at him as she blinks while Sanji's heart eyes were still beating like a drum, "one thing after the other... are we gonna ditch the ship and run for it?" Zoro asks while Luffy finally stops his panicking while his head lifts up.

"You want to do this again?" Zoro asks Usopp, "it's not the same! When the tide comes in, the ship's gonna sink!" Usopp shouts, making Merona look over at the boys in surprise, "the ship i'll sink?!" She shouts in worry, "including the gold?!" Chopper panics.

"Don't worry Merona-chan! I'll protect you!" Sanji pleads to Merona, making her grin as she hugs him tighter, "thank you for the promise!" She exclaims while grinning, and he nods quickly with his eyes in hearts.

"I won't let the Merry sink!" Usopp pushes himself out from the hole he and the other boys were at, "I'm hungry! My stomach is touching my back!" Luffy yells, and Sanji's heart eyes die out as he gives Luffy a annoyed look as well as the three other boys while Usopp searched for something in his clutch while Merona blinks her eyes as she looks at Luffy.

"Wait a minute... it's a impact dial! Can we use this?" Usopp mumbles to himself. Finally Luffy got up on his feet, and Merona got out of Sanji's arms while still standing next to the blonde.

"The water is low enough that we won't have to worry about the ship sinking until the next high tide." Robin says from the ship while Nami was next to her as she leaned on the railing. Merona went ahead and climbed the side of the merry like a cat- and quickly too. She plopped down from standing on the railing to go to robin as she looks at the older with sparkling eyes from the use of Robin's Devil Fruit.

"But we can't see what the enemy is doing." Nami backs up Robin's statement as the older looks down at the sparkling Merona, before chuckling in amusement.

"Hey. Let's have something to eat!" Luffy yells out, though he irritates Nami, "HOW CAN YOU THINK ABOUT FOOD AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!" She shouts before pointing upwards, "just look at that!" She yells, and Luffy turns as it was shown that the Marines were using large search lights to look for the Merry before they locate it- and then all the cannons on that cliffside point at the Merry and them all.

Merona blinks in surprise while the sparkles died down, "straw hat luffy! And your crew as well," a familiar marine say as their voice was broadcasted. Every one of them have different reactions as they look at the mountain side.

"Even among the Marines, this is a great strong hold under the command of the G-8 division. I congratulate you for fighting so well. You possess admirable conviction and are worthy adversaries, but this is checkmate. Straw hat pirates, i think you understand you do not have even a glimmer of hope of escaping. I have already anticipated any action you might take." Luffy lowers his Straw hat, to which Merona looks down at him for as she looks at him before blinking her eyes as she seems to remember a certain red head to have that strawhat before.

"Yosh, that's a good lad. The navarone strong hold is an officially established base. Straw hat pirates, we offer you a respectable proposition. Give yourselves up peacefully!" The navy man orders them.

"Luffy!" Nami exclaims as she looks down at him, merona eyes the boy as he lifted his head, no doubt grinning confidently. Merona's lips shift into a grin as she looks down at him, "straw hat! You, Roronoa Zoro, are wanted criminals, so we must turn you over to Headquarters! I give you my word that the rest of your crew, and that merona girl, will not be harmed! However... if you try to escape, i might get angry~" the marine warns them, trying to negotiate with Luffy.