Sneaking out part 2

The following week Taylor had a meeting with her entire management scheduled. It was for 4.30 and she had decided that since Jessica was grounded she would have to come along. When she told Jessica, she had pouted and begged to be able to stay at home – knowing the meetings were often long and boring but Taylor held firm and told her there was no way she was getting out of it.

That Thursday Taylor picked her up from school and headed straight to the offices, the board room was empty as they had arrived an hour earlier than everyone else. Taylor set Jessica up down the far end of the table, giving the teen her laptop to do her homework with a warning that at 4pm she needed to eat her snack before everyone else arrived. Jessica grunted in agreement but hoped Taylor would get too busy.

At 3.55pm Tree arrived, smirking as she noticed the young girl slumped over the table. She hugged Taylor quickly "I see you brought the little escape artist"

Taylor rolled her eyes "Not funny. But yes – I didn't trust her to be left alone at home. She is not happy about it though"

Tree shrugged her shoulders "she's probably bored. What's she doing? Homework?"

Taylor nodded "yep, she has a ton so this is the perfect opportunity to get it all done with no distractions. It's time for her snack though. I want to get it over with before everyone else turns up"

Tree nodded "want me to go and grab her something?"

Taylor shook her head "thanks but I've got her a cereal bar and grapes in my bag. You're here early"

Tree smiled "yeah I figured we could catch up – try to convince you to have a night out with your friends tomorrow" Taylor shrugged "I have Jessica"

Tree smiled "I can take her for the afternoon and evening...pick her up from school, give her dinner. You can go out for a few hours, have a catch up. Grab dinner and drinks if you want. Decompress"

Taylor sighed "she's grounded – maybe another week"

Tree rolled her eyes "It's one night – plus she is with me, not like she's out with friends having fun. I think it would be good for you, you look worn down again"

Taylor contemplated this for a second, "I'll think about it – see if she gets all her homework done first..."

Tree nodded "If not – I'll help her tomorrow. No excuses, text everyone now – see who is free" she reached out and grabbed the food off Taylor and walked down to the end of the table where Jessica was typing away. The teen smiled as she looked up and saw the redhead coming towards her but it quickly turned into a frown when she saw the food in her hands "I'm doing homework"

Tree nodded, gently closing the laptop "you've got the next couple of hours to do homework – now it's time for you to eat. You have got 20 minutes before everyone else gets here. Eat up"

Jessica glanced over at Taylor who was preoccupied staring at her phone, she sighed and reached out – popping a grape into her mouth. Instantly she screwed her nose up, pushing them away "ew, they're soggy grapes" Tree rolled her eyes, pushing them back towards the teen "Look, I have worked really hard on getting Taylor to go out tomorrow night – we are so close to her agreeing. But if you moan about soggy grapes and refuse to eat them there is no way she is going to leave you alone. Which means you don't get to stay with me – which means no book store, no movie, no stealing my phone to watch tik toks. Choice is yours"

Jessica's eyes lit up and she grabbed the grapes again, putting another one into her mouth quickly. Taylor looked up and smiled at the teen before focusing back on her phone, Tree smirked at the teen "good choice, but do NOT tell her. This is top secret. If she catches wind of it she will stop it and we will both be in serious shit. Do you understand me?"