6:Helper

Arsi reached Ahan's house 15 minutes early today. She needs to talk with him and this time she won't let him avoid her. She went straight to his room and stopped near the door. The door was slightly open and she could see him sitting on the table, working on his laptop, his back to her.

She knocked once...twice...

Ahan turned around to look at her.

"Later"-he said, turning back.

"And later when I come back you won't be here."-she said with slight anger in her voice... what's the point in ignoring her anyway?

"Come in."

She went and stood behind him.

"I want to go back."

"Why?"-he tried to sound uninterested.

"I don't want to stay here anymore..."

"Why?"

"I just..."

"Then what about your father's debt? If you don't work here, it will be a breach of contract."

"Then take it to court"-she knows a bit or two about contracts.-"But it was just an agreement between you two...there isn't any proof."

"You mother can be the witness and your father is the other party."

"I-"-she has nothing to say anymore... it's true...a father who can sell his child can do worse, so there is no point in returning...her face fell.

Ahan got up and faced her. He took a step towards her but she took two steps back...though she had taken the courage to come to him but she is still getting glimpses of that day whenever she is near a person...

Ahan noticed it and stepped back and sat on the chair again, sideways, facing her.

"What happened?"-he asked, sounding concerned.

"Why was I raped? Is it because I am a girl?"

"Boys get raped too...no...it's not because you are a girl...your gender, physique, beauty...none...none of that matters...the fault lies in the lustful mind of those human shaped monsters."-he said looking up at her.

"If someone does something wrong to you, what should you do?"

Take revenge, kill that person...that's what he should have said that day...that was more like him...that was the person he had seen being reflected in the mirror for the last two years...but what he answered surprised him...he just couldn't bear to say such cruel things to this innocent soul...

"Live...live in the best way you can...live better than anyone...show that person that his actions don't affect you a bit...he is just a speck of dust in your life that can be blown away by the better things..."

"Knowledge is scary...maybe, it would have been better to stay in the dark."-she said, her voice breaking.

"Knowledge is dangerous...it brings out things that you never wanted to know...but it also gives you the courage to face the present...knowledge gives you power...the power to do the unthinkable, to beat the unbeatable...knowledge, if used in the right way, can be used as a weapon, that too, the most lethal one."-he said thoughfully, unable to believe his tongue, he said that just now? he?

She looked up a bit...it was a surprise because Ahan had never stuck as a literary type person to her...

This time Ahan looked down, shyly...where did those days go by?

"But I am not that good in studies..."

"I can help you!"-he said suddenly regretting his words...say no...reject my offer...

"Ok!"

"No!"-he splurted out.

"What?"

"No...nothing..."

"If I can't understand anything from the next time, I will come to you...especially maths...I am really bad at it..."-she said cheering up...maybe she hadn't come here at all to inform her departure...maybe she was actually here to find hope...a way to continue her present life...someone to tell her that what has happened was not her fault...

"Bye!"-she said as she went out.

He looked at her light figure as it went out of the room as if it had been flying instead of walking...just a conversation with her and his six-month-old austerity has gone down the drain...

Ahan has just broken his promise to his uncle not to converse with her in any form in return for the promise that his uncle won't do anything to her before their marriage...and he can't bear to break the promise he just made to his would-be aunt...all that's left to do is helping her without the knowledge of his uncle...

But is it morally legal to have these feelings- compassion and kindness and a drop of something unexplainable, he has for Arsi who is also his would-be aunt?

(W/N:- Thank you for reading this story...please comment your thoughts on this story and whether you are liking its progress or not...thanks)