2: The visitor

" One day, the morning glory visited me in my monotonous and darkened life." 🌄

Can a girl still live a normal life even after getting raped? Yes!

1. If she is strong-minded enough.

2. If she doesn't even know what has happened to her...if she doesn't have the knowledge of the word rape.

The second case was for Arsi. Her mother had convinced her by saying that it was a punishment for saying 'no' like her father beats her every night for being born as a girl...but what had surprised her that day was that her mother had spent money to buy a soap and had bathed her herself...

She had accepted her explanation because she was the only source that could give her one for the fact she had no friends or elders to ask...and no ability to read or write...

It's been two years since that day her father borrowed from each and every source he could to pay back the money he owed to that family...thereby falling into a debt trap.

They had to sell their house after each and every person in the village got to know that the daughter of the house near the field was dumped like a pile of shit in front of their house by her in-laws in the morning after they took her in...and moved to a faraway village...

(In the Malhotra house)

Jaydeep ran to his uncle and said-"Uncle, I have found the girl you have been looking for two years!"

"Are you sure?" a 30-year-old man asked as he got up from his sofa.

"Yeah! She is in Kalindi Village now!"

"Just the perfect timing...I need to talk with my brothers!"-he said as he ran out, stumbling a bit, still hungover from last night's party.

He ran downstairs to his brothers who were having a meeting with some members of their party.

"Mahindra brother, I found her!"

"Who?"-his elder brother asked, a bit irritated at being disturbed.

"My love..."-he said with his slight red eyes.

"That girl from that day?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"-he said as he sat beside his elder brother, the party leader.

"So what do you want?"

"To marry her!"

"Are you mad? She must still be a minor!"

"But-then?"

"How about we admit her in our new scheme of educating girls from villages? We still need one girl to reach 100."-his second elder brother, Jasminder said.

"That can do..."-though he was irritated at being disturbed during his meeting, he still couldn't deny his younger brother's request. Their excessive love had spoiled him but he couldn't stop loving his little brother.

"Jaikar, I will take care of it all, you go and have your breakfast."

"Ok!"-he again went to the dining room with stumbling steps.

(In Kalindi Village)

"You!"- a boy called from behind standing with a group of boys.

"Me?"- Arsi asked unsure of whether he was calling her or not.

"Yes you!"-he said coming to her and taking her odhni from her.

"You want that?"

"Huh?"-he felt confused at her answer.