1: The 'useless' girl

"I am an unwanted weed growing in your garden
       .........weak, vulnerable and easy to trample "🌱🌸

Maybe this is why they say that-"Education is important". Only if she had been educated...if she had the knowledge that a girl of her age is supposed to go to school at 10 am and not get dressed to be married, then maybe no one of these would have happened...

Arsi Malik, a girl from Kila village of HJ state in India was being dressed in her mother's best salwar-kameez by her mother. She then tied her hair in a loose braid, put on an imitation gold necklace and the only costly thing she had owned- a thin gold ring.

 She then tied her hair in a loose braid, put on an imitation gold necklace and the only costly thing she had owned- a thin gold ring

(Not the face but the dress)

She then put a small, foggy hand mirror in front of Arsi. 

"What do you think?"

Arsi just smiled shyly.

Her mother smiled too in front of her, but her heart pained a bit. But they have to get her married to get the money for her sons' education. After all, they will be the ones who will earn and not her...she has to get married one day or not...

The voice of some men and a woman saying 'namaste' was heard from the outer room.

Her mother covered her head with an odhni and went out to welcome the guest.

After some time she came back.

"Beta( Daughter), they want to see you."-she said and took her to them.

In the room, a man of 24 was sitting in the middle of the worn sofa, a middle-aged woman on his left and two more men on his right.

"This is our Arsi."-her mother introduced her.

"Namaste"-Arsi said in a low voice.

" Beta, won't you let us see the face of our daughter-in-law?"-the woman said to Arsi.

Her mother removed the odni from her face. 

"Look  up"- her mother whispered beside her ears.

The 15-year-old girl slowly up...with her mesmerising downturned eyes, her low-nose bridge, her triple lobe upper lips, her light-brown toned face and her cheeks that blushed red out of shyness. God had gifted her with all he could as she entered her teenage years.

"Beautiful...beautiful...your daughter really lived off her reputation as the most beautiful girl of this village."-the woman said.

The man in the middle, with his lust-filled eyes, was looking at her earnestly...from the top of her head to her feet...he smiled slyly. Arsi looked down again.

"Isn't that the reason you are giving 20 thousand for her?"-the man from the end of the sofa said.

The woman only smiled and said-"We will send a car around 8 pm to get her."