3: His Gift

"Have you ever received something that fills you with  hope?🥰💞"

Arsi's mother gave her the small side bag that she had been given from a blood donation camp for donating blood. Arsi looked around for things to pack...but what should she pack? 

She had nothing to call hers other than the salwar she was wearing and...she looked down at her feet...these thin anklets, the only jewellery not snatched by them...

"Just take the bag...you may be able to earn money and buy things you want..."-her mother said.

She is again at a point where she is going to leave her mother and go away...but this time those overwhelming emotions of farewell...what if she is thrown back again?

"Hmm?"-she took the bag and was about to go out when-

"Let me comb your hair."

She sat on bed. Her mother opened her braid and combed it...her hair was frizzy and full of knots...her mother slowly combed as a tear fell from her eyes...she slowly braided it again loosely and-"Go."

She saw her mother crying. She couldn't understand her feelings...she felt a sting in her eyes.

"Bye!"-she said as she touched her mother's feet.

She went out and touched her father's feet who just looked satisfied at finally getting the burden down his aging shoulder.

She then went near the car. The man was waiting for her near the Rangoon Creeper near her hut.

"Get in"-he said as he got in the front seat near the driver.

Arsi felt confused as to how to open the door. Should she pull the door from the side? Or-

Taking her by surprise, the man got down and opened it for her.

"Get in!"-

She slowly got in and then the car started again to the city.

After covering a distance in silence, the man took a bottle beside him and drank the water.

"I-"-Arsi started.

But he had already finished it all.

"-want-nothing."

"Buy a water bottle."-he said giving some money to the driver.

The driver stopped the car at a side and got down.

"Can I ask you something?"-the man asked.

"Hmm!"-she moved forward a bit.

"Is it true that you were married?"-he asked facing her.

"No...I got thrown out even before I was married...they didn't like me because I was infertile..."-she said smiling a bit...she finds it funny nowadays...she thinks herself to be better off without that mother-in-law and husband who punishes a girl just because she had denied something. She thinks herself to be fateful...

He was taken aback by her smile...

"Do you want to study?"

"There's nothing bad in education, right? After all, I have nothing else to do..."

"What do you want to do?"

"Die..."

"HUh?"

"To live like a human until my fate persists and die peacefully..."

He looked at her eyes...orbs filled with innocence and a bit of some magic...Arsi...mirror...like her name, her eyes reflect him and his inner darkness...he felt as if all his mistakes are being reflected in her eyes...he hated to be reminded of the person he actually is...