Pulled Together (2)

Simone's POV :

( TIME SKIP TO HER HOUSE )

I opened the door to reveal Ava who was waiting with her backpack.  "You're early," I say, scoffing.  "It's 5 minutes to 4:30 pm, I like being punctual."  She put on a fake smile; "Well, are you going to invite me in or not?" She raised an eyebrow before I opened the door wider to let her in.

I brought her to my study room, "Hm, you're house is nice" she said, looking around.  "Thanks.. glad you like it," I mumbled, sitting on the floor with my notebook, laptop, and pen in hand.  I place them in front of me and Ava.

"Look, I know we didn't have a good start but I want to make it up to you.  Can we try this again?" Ava looked up at me as I stayed silent for a bit.  "Fine.." I say, "But you have to help me with this PeTa because I do not get it at all!" I continued.

She chuckled softly as she explained the project to me.  To my surprise, she was nice and somehow patient.  I smiled at her when she finished explaining and we both started doing the PeTa together.  Maybe teamwork really does help.

Ava looked me in the eye; "Are you listening to me, Simone?" she asked.  "Huh? Yeah.." I say, pausing in between my words.  "Are you shy?" Ava smirked, "N-No!" I stutter.  "Is that so.?" She said, looking at me and tilting her head slightly.  "Yeah!" I say, defending myself.

"Well.. what if I.." She came closer to me, "Do this.." she lifted my chin so we could be eye to eye.  As she leaned in closer I pulled away, getting flustered.  "D-Don't do that." I blush profusely, refusing to look at her in the eyes again.

"Hm, am I moving to fast?" she looked at me, raising her eyebrow.  "Uhm.. yes?" I say, "Well.. I gotta get going then." she said, looking down.  "Alright, uh.. bye." She said, leaving.

2 BE CONTINUED!!