COLLEGE DAYS

Adelina

Ever since I started college, I couldn't be with Jerry every day anymore. I was focused on studying and becoming a doctor, although we both have been sending each other love letters and gifts.

It's crazy to say that we have been together for almost a year now, and our love is still the same, we still have the spark and the immortal feelings for each other. Sometimes Jerry surprised me, just showing up on a week day after school was over, and we spent some quality time in the afternoons.

Now it's my turn to surprise him.

~

Getting on the train while lifting my long skirt up so I wouldn't trip over it, I held my suitcase in my other hand while smiling and greeting the inspector on the train, he just nodded at me and helped me up. I went to look for an empty seat in the back, and to my relief, there weren't many people around.

I sat down in my seat right by the window, and stared outside while the train slowly started moving to its destination. Oh, Anne would love this view.

I don't attend the same college as my old friends are in, I'm further away from Avonlea, I have to travel 4 hours if I want to see any of my girls or Jerry. That's why we only can meet up in the longer breaks, the spring and winter break and of course in summer.

The sight outside was beautiful; lots of gorgerous flowers and a river nearby, the sunlight shone on the water of the stream, I would love to sit there with Jerry or with my friends. It looks really peaceful.

I heard a click and the door of the cabin opened, to my surprise, I made eyecontact with an old classmate I never spoke much to, but he had obvious feelings for Anne.

"Hey Adel, long time no see," Charlie greeted me with a smile, "Mind if I sit here? I feel so lonely with the train being almost empty."

"Of course," I replied with a smile and stood up to shake hands with him. "I understand, I didn't expect to see anyone familiar around here." I said and sat back down.

"I spent this week with my favorite cousins I haven't seen in a while. How are you doing? Do you like the college?" he asked as he sat in front of me and smiled at me, curiousity sparkling in his eyes.

"I see. Well, I like the school and all, it's just exhausting, I study a lot and I can't see my friends or family often. I'm going home to surprise everyone, they dont expect me coming." I explain and a small smile curls up on my lips while looking out of the window, getting excited to meet my loved ones again.

"Are you still with Jerry?" he asked as I nodded and he seemed a bit surprised. "Wow. Congratulations, for how long have you been together?"

"Almost a year."

"Lovely."

A few seconds of silence, then I look at him and he looks a bit lost in his thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I ask, tilting my head slightly in concern.

"Yes, I just.." he sighs, "I still have feelings for Anne." he confesses, making my eyebrows raise in shock.

"Really?"

He nods without a word and looks out of the window, clearly feeling upset now. Poor him.

"Do you want to inform her about anything?" I ask while opening my suitcase and grabbing a pen and paper, which I packed away because I wanted to write a letter to Jerry, but I can't stand seeing Charlie like this.

He looked at the paper and pen and bit his lip nervously, before he shrugged and took them. He put the paper on his own suitcase and started writing on it, and I let him take his time with it as I kept admiring the view outside.