29.

After school I went to Anne's house, like she told me to yesterday. The first person who greeted me was Jerry, when he saw me, he immediately ran up to me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in a comforting hug. "Beau, I heard what happened last night. Are you okay?" he asked in a concerned tone as he looked down at me, and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear that was falling onto my face.

I nodded as a response and smiled at him. "Don't worry about it. Billy got what he deserved, I'm fine." I said and hugged him back, resting my head against his shoulder. He sighed, his chin resting on top of my head now, and he rubbed my back gently with one hand. "I would never let anybody, or anything hurt you." he murmured softly.

I felt the heat in my cheeks as I looked up at him with a smile, and he pressed his soft lips against mine, and we kissed tenderly.  We shared a loving and soft kiss, and once we parted, he gently grabbed my hand, and he lead me into the house. Surprisingly, I didn't see Matthew or Marilla inside, they were somewhere in town probably. We heard footsteps running downstairs, and Anne came down and she smiled at us and hugged me tightly. "Marilla went to Rachel's house, Matthew went to help out some man." she explained as if she was reading my mind. "I was thinking we should make some muffins maybe?" she suggested.

Jerry and I both looked at her, confused, and she let out a short laugh. "Muffins are american cupcakes, I read it in a book I bought a few days ago. I have the recipe." she said with a grin. I nodded, "Alright.. Jerry do you wanna join us?" I asked and looked up at him with a smile, I didn't notice for a moment we were still holding hands, and then I glanced down at our intertwined fingers and giggled.

He hesitated for a moment and shrugged, and blushed slightly as he let go of my hand. "Um, okay, oui, I'll give it a try." he shrugged and smiled at me and Anne. 

~

After an hour of baking, the muffins were done. It tasted amazing, and Jerry looked so proud of himself, he told us it was his first time baking something. He's more used to doing manly work, but he seemed like he enjoyed making these muffins too. "Once you two get married, you should bake or cook something together." Anne commented. My eyes widened and I laughed and put a hand over my mouth, while chewing on the delicious cake. "Marriage?" I asked after a moment and smiled at Jerry. 

His cheeks flushed pink as he tried to ignore it and looked down at me and smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist as he ate his muffin and spoke, "Oh Anne, don't worry, I'll marry her one day, have some beautiful children with her, love her every day and treat her with respect and care like the angel she is." Jerry said as he smiled at Anne, and gave my hip a gentle squeeze.

His words made my heart melt, and as we made eyecontact, he looked at me lovingly and mouthed an "I love you". I kissed his cheek as a response and hugged him, while Anne was giggling in excitement and clapped her hands. "I am so happy for you both. You're adorable, I swear if you two will ever part, I'll never believe in love again." Anne spoke as she smiled at us and I let out a giggle to that before I turned to look at her and spoke,

"That's very sweet of you, but Anne- when are you and Gilbert gonna get this far? I want to be at your wedding, you lovebirds are both clearly in love. Why aren't you with him already?" I asked with a teasing tone as she bit her bottom lip and looked away. "Gilbert and I are just friends. He and Ruby are going to have-"

Before she could finish, I cut her off, "Ruby developed feelings for Moody if you haven't noticed that already." I said in a matter-of-factly tone and crossed my arms while Jerry just listened in silence and kept eating the muffins as he sat on a chair. Anne remained silent for a moment before she sighed and smiled, nodding, "...Alright. I'll ask Gilbert tomorrow if he wants to.. hang out or something. Thanks, Adel." she said and grabbed a muffin and ate it.

"If you're shy, I could talk with Gilbert about it." I suggested and shrugged and she shook her head no and spoke, "No, I'll do it. I have to spend as much time with him as I can before the exams and high school. He wants to be a doctor, and... We will part for a very long time. Forever, most likely." she said with a slight frown, she clearly seemed hurt, and I sighed and sat down next to her and rubbed her arm in a comforting way.

"It's alright, Anne. I believe in you both. You got this, and you will see him, I will make sure of that." I said with a smile and then winked. She looked at me, seeming a little confused but didn't say anything as she just nodded as a response. 

I'll keep in contact with Gilbert and Jerry too, and all of my close friends one way or other. I don't want to see my friends upset, and Anne is a collected and strong girl who deserves to be loved. I'll make sure Gilbert Blythe and Anne Shirley-Cuthbert will have a happy future and they'll keep in contact.

------------------------------------- 

I know this chapter was absolutely out from the series, but I had some ideas and fluff ideas, so I decided to write it. I hope you guys liked it. :)