16.

Adelina

Jerry walked me home. Arm in arm. He was really happy when I finally accepted that i'll walk with him like that. He was blushing and smiling at me, and I will be honest, it's so adorable.
When I got home I invited Jerry in for a tea, and I was really shocked when I saw Gilbert Blythe in our kitchen, sitting at the table with my parents. My eyes widened, as he stood up and walked over to us, and I hugged him.
"I missed you!"

"Yeah? I missed you too." he chuckled as he pulled me closer to him, tightly hugging me.

"Gilbert." Jerry awkwardly smiled "Welcome back."

"Thanks, Jerry." they shook hands.
I saw my french boy got upset, is he jealous?
"No hi for us?" my father came up to us along with my mom.
"Hi mom and dad."

"Bonjour, Mr and Mrs. Müller!" It was too late. Jerry realized what he just said, my dad frowned and looked at me. My mom started looking at me worried.
"Are you french?" my dad stepped closer to Jerry, he was hesitant and nodded.
"I always had a suspect. I knew it." dad looked down and then up, I knew he didn't start a fight with me because Gilbert was there. He was just standing there, so awkwardly and confused.
"I should go.. I guess?" he waved to us and left.

"Jerry, get out please, I want to talk with my daughter." he looked deep in his eyes, and Jerry instantly left. Uh oh. This is bad.
"You never told me he is french. You know well, they're bad people, and you kept bringing him into our house? I'm so disappointed Adelina Müller, y-"

"Hans, stop!" my mother spoke up.

"You knew about this?" he looked at her, raising and eyebrow.

"I.." she sighed.

"So you were keeping this as a secret? You knew she kept bringing a dieb (thief) in our house? It's our luck he didn't steal anything! Or did he?" he turned back to look at me and I shook my head. Finn came downstairs, probably heard that we are arguing.

"What's going on?"

"Son, did you know that the boy she kept bringing home, and your friend, is french?"

"Um.. I.." Finn hesitated "Yes."

"You all were keeping this as a secret from me? You can't be serious." he raised his voice "Go upstairs, and pack all the stuff we need. We are going back to Germany. And you, can never talk to that.. Kid anymore." dad pointed at me. I started tearing up, I dont understand this!

"He did nothing at all! He is not a bad person, he is really sweet, what is your problem with the french people anyways!?" I let my tears roll down my face, I was getting more and more angry every second. "Whatever." then I ran upstairs, Finn calling my name and I shut my door before he could come in.

"Adelina, please let me in."

I sighed and opened the door, looking at Finn with teary eyes. He hugged me and I cried on his shoulder.
"I don't wanna leave Avonlea.."

"Me neither."

"I love Jerry!"

"I know, Adel, I know.. I also love someone who's learning french..or she is french, I don't know her that much.."

"Diana?" I pushed him away gently and giggled.

"Yeah.. Diana."

"Wait." I ran to my window, looking outside, and Jerry was still waiting outside. I opened the window and whisper shouted his name.

"Adelina? What happened jolie fille?"

"I need to leave."

"What?" I saw his reaction which was sad and unbeliveable for him.

I managed to carefully climb outside through my window, running to Jerry and hugging him. Really tightly.
"I.. I'm sorry, Jerry.."

"Whats wrong? You're making me worried!" he pushed me away, grabbing my shoulders to see that I really am crying.
"Dad doesn't want me to be around you anymore. And we are leaving, back to Germany."

"What?.. You're serious?" he teared up, asking in a shaky voice.
I was silent, tears were running down on his face aswell, and he kissed my cheek.
"Jerry." I looked at him, then I gave a kiss on his lips.
He blushed and kissed me back, Finn whisper shouted at us, saying "No kissing!".
I hugged Jerry, saying bye to him and climbed back up with Finn's help.
"You watched the whole thing?"

"Yeah. No kissing until you're 16!"

"Whatever." I wiped my tears and giggled.

"Do you think dad is serious? Are we going back to Germany?" I sat on my bed and sighed.

"Definitely. You know him." Finn hugged me and we helped eachother pack our stuff.
I can't belive he got so mad over this. He is so judging, and I don't get it why he hates people so much. He didn't like Jerry because he knew I liked him and he liked me back, but I didn't care much about that, but now, he found out what he is, and this such a fool reason to move back. If I would know what happened in his past, or why he hates the french people so much, maybe I could convince him that not everyone is the same.

-

At night I couldn't sleep, I was still really mad and sad. Just then, I heard some noises on my window. I got up and walked to it, seeing.. Jerry and Gilbert there? Jerry was throwing tiny rocks on my window, then I opened it and climbed down again like in the afternoon.
"What are you doing here?"

"I told Gilbert that you're going."

"And the girls??" I raised an eyebrow.

"They didn't belive me." Jerry sighed and hugged me.

"Adel" Gilbert cleared his throat "I'll try to talk with your dad, he likes me, maybe I could.."

"Leave it, Gilbert. He won't listen." I sighed and went to hug him too.
"I'll miss you." he said.

"Yeah?" I giggled "I'll miss you too and i'll miss all of you. Especially you, french boy." I walked to him and held his hands.
He then put my hands around his neck and he pulled me in a hug. So sweet, my heart was melting, I didn't want to let go of him. I glanced at Gilbert, he was smiling but I could tell he was sad, then I let go of Jerry with my left hand, so I could hug both of them.
"I'll stay the night." Jerry looked deep in my eyes, he can't be serious..

-