52. Heartbreak

Gabriella

As I stepped out of the airport, a wave of anticipation washed over me. The bustling terminal faded behind me, replaced by the open expanse of the arrivals area.

The sun, just beginning to set, cast a warm glow over the scene, painting the sky in hues of pink and orange. I took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the crisp air of a new city. I glanced around, taking in the familiar sights and sounds.

There was a time when I hated this place but now I actually like this place. I can't believe so much has changed within year. I like this place but more than that I love the man who lives here. Maybe he was the one who made me fall in love with these place.

"Let's go ma'am " one of my bodyguard said breaking my chain of thoughts. I nodded my head and followed him towards a black BMW waiting us. Uncle Ramon has sent his four most trusted men with me for my protection. 

After driving for an hour, we finally reached the hotel 'La Pathere' where I will be staying for some time during my visit to Mexico. It's a beautiful European-style 5-star hotel. Uncle booked the presidential suite of this hotel for the time being.

Since I knew my bodyguard would handle the booking process, I went straight to my room, confident that if the hotel didn't meet my expectations, I could easily make a change.

I'm feeling exhausted and in need of some beauty sleep, so I don't have the time or energy to deal with these matters right now. Marcus, one of my bodyguards, accompanied me to my room to assist with settling in.

The presidential suite is luxurious, featuring spacious living areas adorned with elegant furnishings, fine fabrics, and intricate décor. It includes a separate living room, dining area, bedroom with a plush king-sized bed, and a lavish bathroom with deluxe amenities such as a jacuzzi. The suite had panoramic views of the city or surrounding landscapes.

Overall the suite had all the amenities that I needed and I might not need to change the hotel.

Once settled in my hotel room, I opted for a quick shower and a nap to recharge. Just as I was ready to drift off, my phone began to ring. Initially tempted to ignore it, seeing the caller ID convinced me that I needed to take the call.

"Hello"

"You bitch you didn't informed that you are in Mexico like seriously " Mirana yelled at me. She didn't let me explain myself and continued yelling and cursing at me.

After few minutes she finally calmed down and I can hear her heavy breathing
"Do you have anything to say?" Her sarcastic remark really made me laugh
"Well I do but someone didn't let me" she chuckled at my words.

"Are you here for wedding?" She asked. I was taken aback by her question
"Not exactly, I am here for some work. If my schedule is free then I might attend the wedding but I am not sure" I replied. I can't tell her the truth. Because I have no idea how dangerous my enemies are? So I can't risk her life.

"OK, so can we meet . I really miss you Elle and Sandra will be more than happy to meet you. Wait till I tell her" she exclaimed

"Well tomorrow I am free so we can meet for lunch if you don't mind"

"Of course we can meet I will choose a nice restaurant and I will send you the address. Be on time" with these we ended our call.

I sighed and for the first time in many days I had a genuine smile on my face. I decided to take some nap not before messaging one of my trusted men to send me the guest list of my Mirana wedding  
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Next day,