Twelfth Short Story - Numbuh 3's Past

Numbuh 3. You might know him as Tristian, a sweet, gentle soul. That's what he truly was; if you knew him outside of school and all that. Well, I guess you might. Anyways, let's discuss Numbuh 3's past.

 ***

Numbuh 3 was always an attractive person. Not like romantic attraction, but platonic attraction. He was a bit intriguing..and a bit crazy. But still, he was a pretty cool guy. He knew this girl, which we'll call Fluffy, since she was basically a sweet person, even sickly sweet occasionally. Numbuh 3 first met her in 3rd Grade, which she was quiet, but a good person when you got to know her. Tristan met her when she switched spots with a girl he kinda knew. He didn't talk to the girl behind him, but he knew her a bit well.

As some days went by, he found out they had the same interests, and talked a lot with her. Once, Fluffy told him she LOVED German Shepherds, and he lied to her. It wasn't cool, but seeing the happy look when he told her he had a German Shepherd was worth it. She said she had one as well. Another time, they started drawing in one of her older brother's books. They knew it wasn't right, but it was fun. Even a small drawing of him and Fluffy were in the book.

Numbuh 3 could recount some things, but the memories are quite vague. He spent a lot of time with her, even playing a game called "sticks", and teaching her how to play until she got better than him. They played a video game, and he was introduced to cool games by her. It was fun, but nothing lasts forever. As Fluffy's friends came up to him, and started saying baffling, surprising "truths" about her. He was enraged, and decided to confront her on the video game they played together. He said in the chat, quote:

"Ew its [Fluffy's Username]"

He noticed Fluffy left, and left too. On the texting mechanic on the game, he starting texting her. He didn't mean to, but he ended up getting blocked. It was the last time they'd talk, until 4th Grade rolled around. He saw her, and she clearly saw him, but she ignored him. Then one day...

"Kaitlyn?"