07.

AFTER WAITING FOR WHAT FELT LIKE FOREVER... Headlights start to blind me as the car rolls down the desert dust. Eden is still passed out, checked her pulse, and she's fine. I still feel drunk but I am way too aware of my surroundings right now.

I see a shadowed figure come towards us and bend down. 'Rough night?' Hayes jokes as he looks at Eden who is starfished on the ground. 'Great night, actually.' I respond lifting Eden's head and gesturing for Hayes to help me lift her off the ground. We start to carry her to the car, 'You're lucky she's asleep right now or you would have an ear full of screaming' I tell him. 'I am used to girls screaming in my ear' He responds and looks at me. Gross. 'You're exactly who I thought you were' I snap and open the door for him to place Eden in.

'No, I meant as in teenage girls screaming for me- Okay this just sounds weird now.'

Eden is now flat out across the backseats, Hayes opens the passenger seat door for me. 'I can do that myself' I shut the door and re-open it just to be petty. 'You're really appreciative Cecilia' Hayes laughs.

He gets in the driver's seat and starts driving. 'Why do you hate me so much? What have I done to you?' He furrows his brows as he tries to see the way out of the road. 'I don't hate you, I just don't like the type of guy you and your bandmates are, treat girls like shit because you're hot and you're famous and you think every girl will fall to their feet over you'.

'Okay but how do you know I am like that at all?' He glances over at me awaiting my response. 'Because I do, you all are. You put your number on my poster, why? because you think I am just going to be like; Oh my Gawd! THE Hayes Campbell gave me his number!, because I am nothing like that. I don't care who you are.' I snap. He looks upset, I feel bad. It's just silence apart from Eden's groans now and then.

'This is the hotel' I point out after a long period of quietude. He exits the car, goes to Eden's door then lifts her out, I wish she was somewhat conscious right now, she would freak out. Hayes quickly rushes through the lobby with her in his arms hoping to not get noticed, but he doesn't. We finally get to the room and he places her in bed. I guess perhaps I was wrong to say that, he's been so gentle with Eden.

He awkwardly just stands in between mine and Eden's bed

He awkwardly just stands in between mine and Eden's bed. I sit on my bed and pat the spot next to him. I've been too harsh. He sits. It's silent. I hate it. 'I'm sorry' I mumble. 'What was that?' He questions knowing exactly what I've said. 'I said I am sorry for what I said in the car, it was harsh, I don't know you.' I twiddle my thumbs just avoiding eye contact. As you can tell I have never been great with apologies.

'It's fine, I am used to people assuming things about me.' He looks saddened as he scans the hotel room. 'I gave you my number because I haven't met anyone like you, someone who doesn't care who I am. You intrigued me, I guess. I couldn't believe I did it myself, you could've just plastered it all over the media but you didn't' His eyes meet mine, every-time he looks into my eyes I can kinda see why he has girls wrapped around his finger.

'Thank you for taking us here' I thank him which is shortly followed by Eden's loud snore.
'You don't have to help me get into bed, I think I have sobered up.' I laugh and start to take my boots off. He has continued to scan the room and goes over to the trash. 'Is that the August Moon poster?' He asks pointing towards the poster stashed into the can. 'Mhm' I nod, taking my makeup off.

'So if that was in the trash, you saved my number did you?' He looks proud of himself as he slowly walks towards me. My heart is beating fast, why is my heart beating fast, why is it doing that. 'Shut up.' I feel embarrassed and make my way into the bathroom to check if I have gotten all of my makeup off. Only to be followed.

I am standing in-front of the mirror making sure my mascara is all wiped off underneath my eyes. I feel his presence making it's way into the bathroom. He stands next to me pretending to check himself out. What a weirdo.

He picks up my moisturiser to look at it and it slips out of his hand about to make a bang on the bathroom floor.

I quickly reach down and catch it but so does he, both bent on our knees grasping the moisturiser container in an act to not wake Eden. Our faces are so close.
Hazel. That is the colour of his eyes. We are still cupping the product. Still on our knees. His eyes, still hazel.

Still so close. Woah. What the fuck just happened. I snap out of it and get up. So does Hayes. I use the moisturiser and leave the bathroom and he shortly follows. What is he still doing here? Doesn't he have a groupie to fuck? Oops did it again.

'I can walk you out, it's the least I can do' I say sliding into some sliders and putting on a hoodie, grabbing the key card.
'Oh, right' he sounds disappointed.

We walk downstairs and into the parking lot then towards his car.

'Thank you again Hayes. I'm sorry for being so rude. I promise it's a defence mechanism, I'm sure you're a good guy. Keep living your wonderful life' I turn away from the car and start walking back to the entrance.

I feel his hand on my shoulder. I turn around and he looks so disheartened.
'Are you okay?' Starting to get concerned.

'Will you text me again, whenever you find yourself stranded, or want someone to talk to. Being a popstar isn't all that great, it's quite lonesome. For some reason, no matter how rude and snappy you can be, I just know there's someone in there who isn't like that at all. I know it's weird, you don't know me. Let me have your blessing to get to know me, please Cece.' He pleads and I could swear I saw him tear up.

I still don't understand why me? Just because I don't care for his band or status makes me worthy of speaking to? I don't know. My guard is up so high it feels wrong to let anyone in, especially one of the most famous men on the planet.

'Sure' I reply and he finally takes a breath.

He nods goodbye and so do I.

What a weird fucking night.

...