Chapter 22 (still the big reveal)

this chapter is all in Nella's POV, i loved making this chapter so i hope you guys enjoy! VOTE COMMRNT :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Chapter  22

I looked up at the man in front of me. He was also staring at me but I can see it was not in recognition but a look that says he was amused even irritated that I was looking at him like he was someone I know. But to be honest, I know that face anywhere. That’s the face that has been haunting me at night. The face that I have to touch to make sure that it’s real. He’s really in front of me.

“Excuse me Miss, but taking a picture lasts longer.” He smirked and took a sip from my coffee. That brought me back to the day we met under the same circumstances. Spike. MY Spike.  Even his voice sounded like Spike’s.

“Spike?” I asked him looking for any sign that he recognized me. But all he did was look at me like I was crazy for calling him his name.

“I’m sorry but my name is John. John Dalton.”

“John?”

“Yes, John. So if I can be excuse I have a meeting to go to.”

“Mocha Frap twice blended for John” the barista called.

“Give it to her. She ordered the same thing anyway.” He said then left.

“Thank you.” I smiled at the barista and went outside the café. I think my mind’s just playing games with me. He can’t be Spike. Spike’s dead. Spike won’t treat me that way. Spike’s doesn’t sport short brown hair. Spike doesn’t have glasses. Spike is DEAD. I told myself this for the past 4 years and I don’t need to throw myself back into depression just because I saw someone who looks like him.

I shrugged the thought out my mind. I was just imagining the resemblance. I just miss Spike. Yes, that’s the reason I’m acting like this. I miss him.

I walked towards the F. Laurant Hotels company building with my sketches. I had to work with someone on this project and I don’t feel like doing it but this is the biggest opportunity any fresh graduate can have. I swallowed hard and walked to the receptionist. I still have 5 minutes to go to spare. I smiled at the receptionist and she smiled back.

“Hello, welcome to F. Laurant Hotels what can I do for you?” she smiled and looked at me. She was a cheerful young woman maybe in her early 20s.

“I’m here for an appointment with Mr. Ports.”

“Oh, are you one of the architects?” I nodded and she told me to take the last elevator on the right and it will lead me directly to the office of the president. She told me that the other architect arrived just minutes before. I smiled and thanked her before going to the elevator.

When I got to the office of the president, his secretary smiled at me and told me to wait with the architect at the waiting area. I smiled and thanked her and asked her where the wash room was. She told me that it was at the right side first door.

I went in and reapplied my makeup and made sure that I looked presentable and professional. I walked back out and walked to the waiting area. When I got there, I stopped in my tracks. He was seated there looking at me like I was looking at him- shocked. He quickly recovered and smiled. He stood up and reached his hand out to shake mine. I quickly recovered too and thought that they just looked like each other. There was no chance that they are the same person.

I smiled at him and shook his hand.

“I’m Nella Moore. I guess you’re the architect that I would be working with.” I smiled at him and he returned it with his own charming smile.