𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 ♡

Vaughn 

I walk away like a complete asshole.  Because what was I supposed to do?  Not that I'd care if I personally was ready,  but she's not ready to kiss me yet.  If I kissed her,  that fear in her eyes wouldn't go away.  It would get worse. 

Not that I don't think that fear is absolutely delicious.  It definitely is.

My phone rings in my pocket and without checking the ID I bring it to my ear and answer it.  "What?"

I hear a feminine laugh.  "Is that how you greet your mother?" 

Oh.  "Hi,  Mom.  I thought you were someone else,"  I walk to my car and open it,  I glance back to see if I can spot Alicia,  she's gathering her things to leave and I falter for a moment,  considering to offer her a ride to her flat. But I don't because,  a) she's likely had enough of me for the day,  b) I don't want to be hounded by her friends when I drop her off,  and c) quite frankly,  I don't have the energy to explain my slight obsession with Alicia to Mom right now. 

"I FaceTimed you,  why can I only see your ear?" 

I laugh and pull my phone away from my ear and look at my mom,  her grin practically lights up her face,  her short brown hair is tucked behind her ears.  Aleksandra Ivanov Morozov has always been beautiful, but motherhood heightened it for her.

"You look lovely as always,  Mom." 

"Thank you!  You know,  your dad and I miss you so much.  I'm shocked that you decided to move to overseas and enroll in REU of all places,  I thought you only went for your... initiation nights."  She scrunches her nose. 

I lift a shoulder.  "Something caught my eye."  More like someone.  Alicia is like a drug I can't seem to get enough of,  I hope that I can get my fill of her and be done because every waking  thought is consumed by her.  I don't want to just fuck her,  I want to ravage her.  I want to ruin her for every other man and get my name tattooed across every available spot on her body if that means no one touches her.  And I want her to crave me and hate herself for it,  I don't doubt that she knows I'm dangerous,  if my reputation proceeds me,  I'm the White Mask to her.  And God,  seeing that fear flare in her eyes but the second that I pinned her against that wall and heard her breathing,  I felt her breasts through that thin ass shirt that I wanted to tear off. 

Good things come to those who wait,  I'm not sure if I'm telling myself that or my throbbing dick. 

"Well,  that's okay... just come home soon."  She tilts her head.  

I nod.  "Okay,  Mom.  Talk to you later.  Love you." 

"Love you too." 

-

"You're cheating."  Gareth states plainly. 

"I'm not cheating,  for fuck's sake.  I'm better than you."  Killian rolls his eyes and looks back at his Uno cards. 

Glyndon turns her head to stare at him.  "You've won every single game we've played.  How is that possible?"  He smirks and then it drops as quickly as it came,  I turn my head to look back at Jeremy who obviously isn't listening to a word anyone has said because he has his gaze trained on Cecily Knight,  who is dancing with Ava Nash across from the bar.  

"Who the hell plays Uno at a bar?"  Nikolai scoffs as he walks up and leans over Glyndon's shoulder,  who shoots a glare at him and covers his cards.  Killian shrugs.  "Glyn wanted to."  Nikolai mumbles something about Killian being whipped and is met with another glare. 

Children. 

I look around,  looking for a certain blonde.  "She's not here."  I blink and turn around to be met with Barbara Leigh Van Doren's gaze.  I don't much about her than the worthless shit I've heard and couldn't care less about.  Other than the fact that she was assaulted by her ballet instructor,  the world is severely fucked. 

"Who?" 

She rolls her eyes.  "I know that you know who I'm talking about.  She doesn't go out much,  but I'd like to talk to you."  She chews on her bottom lip.  "Please."  She adds. 

"About?" 

"Alie.  I've heard about what happened at the fight club and I want to make sure you're not going to hurt her."  I stop myself from walking away.  First her brothers and cousin,  and now this.  What the actual fuck? 

"Why would I hurt her?" 

"Don't play dumb,  Morozov."  Sage Astor.  Bitchier than her brother,  but I almost respect it.  "We know who you are and the type of people you surround yourself.  Alie isn't some toy and I swear to God,  if you hurt her I will cut your minuscule dick off and shove it down your throat."  

Barbara glances at her out of the corner of her eye.  "Sage."  She says gently.

I laugh, shrugging the threat off.  "Listen, ladies.  I have no idea what you're talking about,  my only intentions with your friend are completely pure."  

"Pure,  my ass.  We'll see.  You've been warned."  Sage flips her hair over her shoulder and spins around on her heels and stalks out.  Barbara offers me a short,  apologetic look before following after her.  

I glance up and spot Brandon King,  not him too.  "If you're here to warn me,  you're much too late." 

He looks at me with confusion etched onto his face.  "No." 

"Save it." 

I walk towards the door,  I'm suddenly not feeling like finding a hookup anymore.  A cold shower would be good.  Instead he follows after me,  "If it's any consolation,  I trust Nikolai and deep down the people he chooses to surround himself with can't be all bad.  So if you like Alicia,  you could be good for her.  Help fix some of that hurt."  

If only he knew how wrong he is.