. 22

Zulu, it is over between us.

"Nontobeko baby, where are you." That's Zulu shouting from the gate. I looked up to be met by different Zulu I never met. His eyes show so much rage, hurt, fear, and confusion.

His veins are popping, and I am now scared, no longer crying. "I think I should give you guys some space, bye." Nandi kissed me and left. "Nontobeko, repeat what you just said."Zulu says in a calm tone with a blank expression.

"It is over, don't  call me again, please leave." I am so hurt to be doing this to him. " Are you sure of what you are saying." I want to say no, but I did the opposite, already nodded." I am sure."

"Since you made your mind before me shows you are really sure." With that, he left. I sink to couch and cry all over again. I am tired of feeling like this. I stand up and head to the bathroom to shower.

2 weeks later

It is a new day today, new sorrows for me. The inlaws paid lobola yesterday. I chose to stay indoors. Maybe this is the end of me. I love Zulu, but I have to save my family. My dad can not go down. He made a lot of sacrifices for me back then.

It's time i do so, maybe. I am disturbed by my thoughts by the knock on the door. I am met by the very same man who separated me from Zulu. Same man who  caused drift in my family. "Hello, daughter inlaw. " He smirked. " feels weird from you, it is still early, how may I help you, Sir."

I emphasize the word 'sir'. "You will have to drop your attitude, young lady." He grins, giving me a creepy vibe." I am here to fetch you. Your husband has been waiting for you. I hope you are still intact down there. we paid a lot of money for that."

I gasped in shock. What is this old man telling me? This is sick, I can't deal with it. I miss Zulu. I had many thoughts the past 2 weeks. One was eloping, but I thought of my family. They can't suffer while I am gone.

I can't rob their comfort. I just hope the husband is not rude, not abusive, and will love me. Maybe it is fate and destiny chose for me. I cried many times when I was in a relationship with Zulu. Maybe we were not going to work.

Maybe it is the best decision. There are a  lot of maybes  in my mind that I hope they become truth. I walked to my room,to take my bags my sister packed me. We are back to being happy family, and my dad said he is proud of me.

So that is what matters. I have not seen Zulu in a while. I can't ask Brother of Zulu's where about. I will get the same answer: "Focus on your husband." But I asked Nandi to fish some information.

She found out nothing, it is like he disappeared without telling anyone. My brother did not know where he was, too. They checked his house, but his guards said they hadn't seen him too. I panicked, thinking he was dead.

I ordered my old IT classmate to hack the airport to check if he is out of the country but nothing. It's he disappeared in the world of living. Nandi said his boyfriend, my brother, checked every hospital, news but there is nothing.

Maybe it is for the best he disappeared. I will forget about him too, I hope. " I am ready, you can help me with the suitcases." He rushes to me. " Your husband said you should not carry anything so your guards are outside to help you."

To say I am shocked us the least. So I have guards now. Who is my husband?is he a president influential, maybe? No doubts I will be taken care of. But I do not need all that I need, Zulu. I won't stop looking for him, though.

When I do, I will cheat on this husband with my love. What am I saying I am not a whore I don't want to sleep with two men. I do not want to accept this fate it is sad and hurts.  The guards come through to take my bags and suitcases.