.14

POV~Nontobeko

I did not know that life could be turned to be a mess in a second. That is my life right now. When did I become this weak over a man, a man I don't even know this much. I just received a picture of him kissing  a white lady's hand in a restaurant from an unknown number.

How can he do this to me? He lied to me, he said he is going on a work trip, did he not say that? This hurt like shit. I am lying down on the carpet, and I do not pay attention to how my body hurts on it. I drown myself  with more ice creams and snacks.

Don't blame me, people. I don't mind. Now, i need something to keep me busy. I love him, and he hurts me like this. Why did I agree to be his girlfriend while I know he is attractive to skirts.

Nandi has gone awol on me, I have no one to cry to. Maybe I should call my mom. But it's not a good idea. She will want to come here and babysit me, so no, I just want to cry. I have no tears. It feels so surreal. I have one person who can help me now only one. I take my phone and dial him.

After 30 minutes or so, I hear a knock on my door. I  try removing the bottles of drinks and making the lounge less messy. I head to the door and open. There he is with his chocolate skin. Why did I not choose him from the first, though? I am kidding.

"Are you going to let me in, or I shut you with a kiss so you stop drooling."
Oh my gawd, he says that licking his lower lip. It doesn't feel right hearing him say that, though. Only Zulu does it better. Ntobeko, can't you see that Zulu has left you. Argh, shut up brain. I let him in.

"Sorry about what I said, I was just kidding."  I blankly look at him. "No, it's okay, I am the one who was drooling," i say the last word, unsure of myself. "Mr Mabaso, this is my apartment, so feel free. What do you want to have?"

"I thought we were done with the formalities. We are not at work. It's like you guessed, right? I am hungry. What have you prepared?" Thank God I have cooked today.

"Oh, sorry for that. Coming right up, Ntsika." I walk to the kitchen while he changes channels on the TV. I cooked Zulu's favorite meal  because i miss him, dumbling, tribe and baked velvet cake with custard on top for dessert.

I did not eat, I thought he was coming to me today. I guess he chose the best one. I dish for myself, too. I walk to the lounge with the plates, and he has placed two pillows on the carpet. I guess that's where we will be sitting.

"Comfort much hey." I comment on the settings he smiles.  "All done by me for the best lady." I roll my eyes inwardly, only if he knows. We eat while conversing there and there.

"You are good at this cooking thing. Hey, if I was not this full, I was gonna ask for the second plate." I blush, oh my God, this guy is charming, hey.

"I will put them in a lunch box for you, not for lunch though, but you know you know." I say laughing at myself. "You should just say skhaftin Nono."

We laugh, I am captured by the name he calls me. I like it. I take the plates to the kitchen, and I will wash them after dessert. I take the dessert to him.

"I can get used to this." He takes the dessert from me. "Mmmn," he moans after taking a bite. "This is so good. I should just wife you before this boys tripple me."

"What?" we laugh,  "dude, you did not even ask me to be your girlfriend."  I talk in between laughs. "Relax and open your your mouth a bit." I do as he say.

We lock our eyes as he brings the cake to my mouth, I get lost in his stare. He feeds me the cake and makes me lick his finger after  he licks it, too.

"Seems lovely in here."

A voice that sounds so homely to me says. Busted, I know this voice. We both turn our heads to look at this person.  I stand up fast, and Ntsika stands up as relaxed as ever.