25|| "MY WIFE"

Grouped together, the royals of both kingdoms, followed Chavi through the palace halls. Down the hallway where isolation was visible.

Stepping into a vast field adjacent to the palace, just a few yards away, the sight brought a smile to Chavi's tinted lips. Grassy meadows rolled as far as the eye could see. Grazing those lands were healthy and a huge assortment of cattle.

She stood by the fences, resting her hand on the wood. Darsh also stood beside her as he watched a couple calves sprint up to Chavi, pulling at the hem of her saree.

"Not now, Asha, later okay?" She sat down before it and spoke through the opposite side of fence, reaching over to pet her head.

Darsh's heart felt to him like it would detonate any second. The calf was adorable he thought, but what would be the death of him was his wife talking fondly to it as though her child.

Asha jumped up once and turned back, energetic as ever as she ran back to her mother.

"You mean to offer us cattle?" A minister asked, dejection evident in his tone. Chavi stood up and turned to Darsh, ignoring the nitpicking of the minister.

"I suppose you know of the conditions of cows in Ashokdhar..." Darsh considered.

"I do. But I won't speak of it, I don't mean to belittle Ashokdhar." Chavi, out of earshot of everyone assured Darsh.

Darsh smiled gratefully at her before pitching up his voice, fit for a king, "How are these cows?"

"Healthy to say the least. All well fed, bred and raised. Each gowmata here can produce six to nine gallons of milk everyday."

Darsh shot a look to Rajat who had been handling the decline of cattle issue back at Ashokdhar. He raised his brow, impressed.

"If you agree to go forward with the alliance, three hundred of our finest cows and fifty Gir cows will be presented to you as a gift." Chavi informed.

Bhargavadeva too had a proud smile on him as he looked at Vaijayanti beside him. The extra funding Chavi asked for breeding and maintaining cattle was the final stone that would finalize the alliance between the kingdoms.

"Upon contemplating over your demands, offers and goodwill, Ashokdhar will be honoured to ally with Swarnonnata." Darsh proclaimed as a sign of relief left the royals of Swarnonnata and the ministers.

"We shall get the agreement penned down. At the third quarter of the days after sunrise, Maharaj Darsh and Maharaja Bhargavadeva will complete the process with the royals seals." Chavi informed.

A hearty congratulations and welcome was exchanged between Bhargavadeva and Darsh and the other ministers while Chavi stood back, looking at them. Maybe it was the significance of having people she loved on both ends of the alliance that made it important to her.

Vaijayanti made her way over to Chavi, and held her hand, "Flawless, my dear. I can see Hiranmayi's strictness rubbed off on you as well."

"Thank you, Maharani. I'm pleased to have navigated through this successfully."

"Sometimes I see in you what my fir-" Vaijayanti was cut off my Bhargavadeva who called out to her to meet Himanshu who was accompanying the youngsters.

"While we are already here and the day seems to be young still, I extend my invitation to anyone who would want to visit the cattle." Chavi said. Most of the ministers took their leave leaving only the royals there.

Rajat and Abhik who had not said a word till then approached Chavi who gave them a subtle smile. She could see the dissatisfaction on Rajat's face, not that he made an effort to hide it. Then there was Abhik who was surprised yes, but having walked into Tara, he knew Chavi would be there.