34- Camouflage

"Until when are you planning to keep blackmailing me regarding that?"

"Haha blackmailing? That's a pretty strong word. I still remember that night very clearly..."

6 years ago...

December 16, 20XX.

Tristan who was still a freshman in college, met Anthony through a group study.

"Yo! Anthony here! Who are you again?"

"My name's Tristan" He answered in a low voice.

"What? Tristor?" Triangle?" Anthony who had clearly heard the name tried mocking Tristan

"..."

Tristan was a tactiturn in his freshman years, which is why he hated loud people and socialising.

To him Anthony's first impression was-

"What a retard."

Anthony was the typical loud, loquacious, extroverted kid. He would be out there making frivolous jokes and doing dumb shit with his friends.

While Tristan was more of the reserved, nerd, who spent his days alone.

The two of them would never have been friends...

Until...

Tristan found out about Anthony's habit.

Anthony was a porn addict.

And there were times, he couldn't keep his hands to himself.

When in crowded public areas, or at an empty road at night...

Away from the unsuspecting eyes of the public, Anthony would show his true colors.

Tristan had accidentally seen him, molesting another student...

Although, he was wearing a mask and a hoodie.

Tristan recognized that red hair very easily.

After that night...

Tristan started getting closer to Anthony.

And soon, to Anthony's surprise, he and Tristan became good friends.

"You know I had never imagined that we would become good friends like this. I mean we are completely different from each other!"

Taking a drag of his cigarette, Tristan had replied, "No, we are very similar".

"Huh, how?"

"You and me both...We have sides that we have to hide from the eyes of others. And certainly, you do it better than me".

Anthony's eyes widen.

But he doesn't say anything to its reply.

"Pass me the cigarette"

Certain animals in nature, practice camouflage to avoid getting hunt by predators, and also conceal themselves as they track their preys.

Insects like the walking leaf have  patterns on their body that look like caterpillar bite marks in leaves, and it sways from side to side to mimic a leaf in the breeze. This type of  camouflage strategy is known as background matching. This helps the insects to hide from predators in the wild.

Tristan was just like this, he tried to blend in with the surroundings quietly so as to not get caught by the naked eye.

However, Anthony was different.

Octopuses are among the few animals in the world that can change the color of their skin in the blink of an eye rendering them nearly invisible.

This allows them to be easily unnoticed by both predators and preys.

Anthony was very similar.

He could easily change his color, as per the surroundings he was in.

This allowed him an upper hand in survival.

And Tristan liked it.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

The walking leaf

The walking leaf.

I think they are aliens👽