Triumph

This was it.

Our very first show as ATEEZ.

The stakes were high and the pressure was on.

"Do you think people came?" I nervously asked Seonghwa, feeling like I had never performed on a stage before.

"I hope so." He was just as nervous as me so there was no use in trying to calm each other down.

"I swear, if we go out there to an empty venue, I will never show my face ever again." I mumbled, resting my forehead on his shoulder.

"At least we look good." He kissed my temple, then pulled me away from him.

Hyunjin truly outdid himself with these looks. All of us were in black and gold leather. He gave Seonghwa the skirt I requested, only covering him from behind, with a corset to match. I don't think anyone looks as stunning as him, but who knows, I could be biased. But I'm pretty sure I'm right.

"You look beautiful, baby." Part of me felt star struck. That's almost crazy to say since we've been together for a little less than a year now.

"Thank you." He shyly replied, swaying back and forth.

Mingi walked over to him and wrapped his arms around his shoulders like he was looking to be protected. Usually he likes to act like a tough guy, but I've heard about his soft side when it comes to Seonghwa.

"I'm nervous."

"Don't be." Seonghwa reassured, rubbing his arm to be comforting. "This'll be fun. We've done this so many times."

"Not this." He shook his head and pouted his lips.

I thought it was cute how Seonghwa has done nothing but express his fears to me since we got to the venue. But when it comes to his members, he's quick to put on a strong face.

"You'll be okay, Mingi. The second you step on stage, you're going to be so excited."

"I hope so."

"I know so."

Seonghwa gave Mingi's arms one last gentle squeeze before he ran off to be with Yunho.

"I guess he's cute when he wants to be, huh." I smiled. My problem child was quick to do the same thing to me moments later.

"I'm dying." Wooyoung sighed dramatically.

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am."

"You're my favorite dancer, you can't die."

"Yunho and I have a debate: am I the best dancer or your favorite dancer?"

"Now why would you ask that?" I laughed, feeling like I was put in an awkward position.

Wooyoung gasped dramatically, then bit my ear, making me whine in pain. "Fine, I'll show you."

"I know you will." I winked.

Then he ran off towards San and Yeosang.

"We deal with those two much differently." Seonghwa smiled.

"Wooyoungie thrives off competition. He doesn't feel the need to be better than other people, but he feels the need to be the best version of himself."

"He's aggressive but sweet. Him and San helped Yeosang come out of his shell more."

"I think we're a good team. Everyone works well with each other and I'm grateful for that."

"Having the best leader made it even better." Seonghwa kissed my cheek, then winked. "That's what I'm grateful for."