Chapter 15: The Intruder ( Part 4 )

Amora was still sitting at the kitchen table with Acorn on her shoulder and Knight sleeping on her lap as she had tried to call the number two times, both times the calls were sent to voicemail, which she hadn't had the confidence to leave one. She was about to try again when King entered the kitchen with a glass potion of the elixir the little demon told her about earlier.

Amora: ( to King, with widened eyes as she stands up: ) You didn't.

King: Yep! I got it. ( Hands the elixir to Amora )

Amora: ( with a panic look in her eyes: ) King, you can't just take something that doesn't belong to you like this. What if this is something Eda needs and doesn't want to talk about? We need to put this back before-

A sudden clap of thunder startling Amora, causing her to fumble the potion until it smashed onto the floor. Knight then ran to the puddle of spilled elixir and started licking up the liquid with a smile, while Acorn watched the Nightbitter cub with a blank expression.

Amora: Oh my goodness gracious, this is bad. Knight, stop, you don't know what was in that potion.

King: Relax, we're fine. Who needs a light spell when we have tons of lamps?

Right after King said that, the lamps flared and died, causing Acorn to glare at him in response while Amora and Knight had worried looks on their faces.

King: ( groans ) Hooty controls the house lights. He probably just fell asleep.

Amora then flinched as they heard a loud crash before they heard Hooty's voice, causing Amora's expression to turn from scared to worried.

Hooty: ( Off-screen: ) Hoot! Hoot!

Amora: Oh my gosh, Hooty!

King, Amora, and Knight quickly ran out of the room, Acorn had a slightly annoyed look on their expression as they rode on Amora's shoulder out of the kitchen to the living room. Amora and King gasped and Knight growled protectively when they saw that a shadowy beasts had knocked the front door of its hinges and made a mess of the front wall, but...Acorn smiled when they saw that Hooty was knocked down, seemingly unconscious. The beast leaves deep scratches in the wood next to Hooty, and growled when it saw the other four, then fled. Amora, King, and Knight quickly ran to Hooty, Amora had a look of extreme panic and concern for the tube owl's well being as a small memory of a woman with long blonde hair laying motionless on a road flashed in her mind to seeing the scene for only a few seconds before the memory disappeared.

Amora: ( to Hooty, pleadingly: ) Hooty, Hooty! Are you in there? Please wake up, or at least give us some kind of sign that you're alright.

Knight whined as he tapped Hooty's beak with his paw a few times while Acorn continued to look at the unconscious tube owl with a smile on their face.

Amora: ( worryingly: ) Whatever creature did this fled into the rain. What could survive that?

King: Oh, my gosh. The Snaggleback! It feeds during the rains. It must have stumbled across our house and seen us inside.

They then heard howling, and ran outside just in time to see the shadowy creature jump through an upper floor window. Knight stayed close to Amora and Acorn with a protective glare towards the window where the creature went through, Acorn wore an equally protective glare at the same window while Amora had a terrified look on her face and it took all her strength to hold in the urge to shake in fear.